Population Services International (PSI)
Population Services International (PSI) is a 501(c)(3) registered nonprofit global health organization with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV, and reproductive health. PSI provides products, clinical services and behavior change communications for the health of people in high-need populations.
Major donors include the governments of the United States, United Kingdom, Germany and the Netherlands; the Global Fund, United Nations agencies, private foundations, corporations and individuals. It is a member of the U.S. Global Leadership Coalition, a Washington, D.C.-based coalition of over 400 major companies and NGOs that advocates for a larger International Affairs Budget, which funds American diplomatic and development efforts abroad.
PSI makes it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire.
1. Measurement: Evidence, research, metrics and evaluation inform our choices.
2. Pragmatism: They strive for excellence, but useful and timely are better than perfect.
3. Honesty: They act with integrity, share what they achieve, and admit when they fail.
4. Collaboration: Active partnering drives impact.
5. Trust: They have confidence in our people to make good decisions.
6. Commitment: They build local capacity and programs that last.
1. Gender Equality: PSI affirms gender equality is a universal human right and the achievement of it is essential to PSI’s mission.
2. Diversity and Inclusion: PSI affirms its commitment to diversity and believes that when people feel respected and included they can be more honest, collaborative and successful.
3. Zero tolerance for discrimination and harassment: PSI is committed to establishing and maintaining a work environment that fosters harmonious, productive working relationships and encourages mutual respect among team members.
4. Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity: PSI does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
5. Environmental sustainability: The health of PSI’s consumers is inextricably linked to the health of our planet.
6. United Nations Global Compact: Since 2017, PSI has been a signatory to the United Nations Global Compact, a commitment to align strategies and operations with universal principles of human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption.
7. Zero tolerance for modern-day slavery and human trafficking: PSI works to ensure that its operations and supply chains are free from slavery and human trafficking.
8. Meaningful Youth Engagement: PSI is firmly committed to the meaningful engagement of young people in our work. As signatories of the Global Consensus Statement on Meaningful Adolescent & Youth Engagement, PSI affirms that young people have a fundamental right to actively and meaningfully engage in all matters that affect their lives. PSI’s commitments aim to serve and partner with diverse young people from 10-24 years, and we have prioritized ethics and integrity in our approach.
Since their founding in 1970, PSI has worked with and for the people they serve to build sustainable solutions for the world's most serious health issues. In just the past 25 years, PSI helped prevent 2.06 million deaths due to Malaria, Diarrhea and Pneumonia; 251,000 maternal deaths; 111.3 million unintended pregnancies; and 5.06 million HIV infections.
World headquarters in Washington, D.C., presence in 47 countries, European office in Amsterdam.
They are a diverse group of over 5,000 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 40 countries.See more