The Rift Valley Water Services Board (RVWSB) is one of the eight water services Boards in Kenya, formed under the provision of the Water Act 2002. The Board was established through Kenya Gazette Notice No. 1715 of 12th March, 2004 and operates in a ten year lease issued by the regulator Water Services Regulatory Board (W.A.S.R.E.B), on 25th September 2009 after the fulfillment of a set of regulations. It was formed to ensure cost effective and sustainable provision of water and sanitation services within its operational areas in accordance to the Water Act of 2002.
- To increase access and coverage to safe water and sanitation services in urban and rural areas.
- To ensure efficient utility management and economical utilization of available water.
- To enhance the Board’s financial resource base to ensure operational sustainability.
- To strengthen the institutional capacity of the Board to meet its mandate.
- To minimize conflicts and disputes among water users.
- To mainstream cross-cutting issues
- To improve service Delivery in order to enhance customer satisfaction.
To achieve excellence in the provision of quality water and sanitation services, and be the leading Water Service Board in the country.
To Provide efficient, adequate, sustainable and affordable water supply and sanitation services to all through continuous improvement and expansion
Staff at Rift Valley Water Services Board have experience in