S.A. Apa-Canal Chisinau (ACC)
On December 12, 1892, the first tranche of the aqueduct from the town was given into operation. Chisinau, the capacity of 200 thousand boilers of water per day; source - the capture of water from the springs (the fountain at the foot of Mazarachie hill). In the same year, the "Water Plant" was created.
The first mention regarding the water supply from the town hall. Chisinau attests the year 1828, when the City Duma adopted the Decision regarding its arrangement and the construction of the necessary installations. In 1834 the respective works were completed. From this moment the water supply of the city begins by supplying the water with the sackings to the consumer.
What does the water supply and sewerage household present in Chisinau municipality present? It is a complex of water supply networks, with water catchment facilities in the Dniester river, built from 1958 (the first tranche) and a water treatment plant, built in several stages, from 1970 to 1985. Capacity the total number of installations of the river water aqueduct constitutes 384.9 thousand m3 per day, the groundwater pipeline - 137 artesian wells, out of which 76 work, 61 of them built during the ecological catastrophe of the Dniester river, caused by the damage produced at the Combine of production of the horse from Stebnicovsk (Ukraine), are preserved.
The water is transported through the water supply network, the length of which is 1560 km, the maximum diameter - 1400mm, the pipes being made of steel, cast iron, reinforced concrete, polyethylene.
For the purpose of accumulating water, a reservoir park is used, the volume of which equals 181.0 thousand m3, in number of 50 tanks. In recent years, the volume of water delivered per day, for known reasons, has decreased sharply and constitutes a total of 190.0 thousand m3 / day.
The evacuation and treatment of waste water is ensured in full volume, but not in the complete cycle at the municipal wastewater treatment plants (the Sludge Processing Section is missing, which is replaced by the sludge platforms). The waste water is transported through the sewerage network with a length of 900 km.
The development of the water supply and sewerage networks of the capital in the past, in general, corresponded to the pace of city construction, but unfortunately it did not evolve constantly.
In 1905, the first artesian well with a depth of 135 m was drilled on the territory of the former "Apa-Canal" Direction, which is still operating today. In 1925 the second artesian well was drilled, and in 1937 - the third. Until 1940, three artesian wells were operating.
During the following period, water castles were built, which regulated the volumes of water, on Kotovski street and Livezilor street. The capacity of the city aqueduct has reached a target of 5500 m 3 / day.
Until the end of the 50s, the aqueduct from Chisinau developed from the underground aquifer horizon; 1948-1951 - Balsevski water outlet, 1953-1954 - Petricani water outlet, 1957-1958 - Malina Mica water outlet, 1967-1969 - Ialoveni and Ghidighici water outlets.
Even in the last century, the architect Alexandru Bernardazzi argued the need to use the water from the Dniester river, saying that the aqueduct from the Dniester river is the final goal for the Chisinau City Direction. That is why, through the decisions of the Government of the Republic and the city authorities, the development of the perspective of the water supply networks was oriented towards the development of the Dniester aqueduct.
In 1928 the first sewage pumping station was built.
In 1968 a part of the complex of the treatment plants - mechanical treatment was put into operation.
In 1974, the first tranche of the treatment complex was given into operation, with a capacity of 200 thousand m3 / day.
In 1976 a second tranche with a capacity of 125 thousand m3 / day was put into operation and in 1983 - 1984 the respective capacity was increased by 115 thousand m3 / day. As a result, the established capacity of the treatment plants reached 440 thousand m 3 / day.
“Apa-Canal Chisinau” SA ensures with drinking water, the evacuation and purification of waste water within 24 hours about 800 thousand inhabitants.
The priority task of our activity is to provide for the inhabitants of the capital, at a real price, the services of supplying qualitative drinking water, evacuation and treatment of waste water, in accordance with the norms and standards of the Republic of Moldova.
In order to carry out the aforementioned tasks, the possibilities of streamlining the functioning of the company and its modernization are permanently identified. Work has begun on the implementation of modern technologies, including the rehabilitation of water supply networks, based on new materials and equipment, the application of purely ecological methods of water treatment, electricity production projects, etc. The fulfillment of the Contract "Measuring the volume of water in the main networks and controlling the operation of the pumping stations" provides for the installation and replacement of the meters, the pressure and water level meters at the pumping stations, which contributed to the increase of the efficiency of the water supply system and reducing water losses.
Within the "Apa-Canal Chisinau" JSC activates 2300 employees, the value of fixed funds is equivalent to billions lei.
The fixed production funds of "Apa-Canal Chisinau" SA refer to the following:
Nistru water station, water treatment station, which ensures the water treatment in the Dniester river;
137 artesian wells, of which, at present, 76 operate, supplying drinking water to the municipality of Chisinau;
29 water pumping stations;
wastewater treatment plants from Chisinau municipality, city. Vodul lui Voda, Durlesti, commune of Colonita.
"Apa-Canal Chisinau" is an important communal enterprise from the municipality of Chisinau and plays a major role in the field of water supply in the Republic of Moldova. Since 1997 it has been reorganized into a joint stock company, with 100% state capital, and in 2000 it was transferred to the public property of Chisinau municipality.See more