Samuel Hall is an independent think tank providing research and strategic services, expert analysis, tailored counsel and access to local knowledge for a diverse array of actors operating in the world’s most challenging environments.
Their established network of researchers and field teams have a proven ability to adapt their methods to different challenging contexts while maintaining high standards in research and bridging the gap between empirical and academic work.
They provide their clients with:
• Tailored, innovative research
• Expert analysis
• Practicable council
• Access to the world’s most fragile yet resourceful regions
Samuel Hall’s goal is to understand global trends through commissioned research, self-funded initiatives and grants. Their new themed pillar approach enables them to conduct empirical research on essential crosscutting issues. The numerous outcomes of this approach are a tailored implementation of programmes, the creation of innovative methods and tools for feld-tested research that can infuence better regional and global policies.
- Children and Youth
- Implementation Research
Their pillars will each produce a wide variety of outputs linked to their themes, such as publications, learning events, workshops, training sessions, academic papers and policy briefs.
Samuel Hall delivers a holistic approach that ensures quality research and strategic insight through a commitment to constant innovation. Their model puts them in a unique position to advise and assist a variety of actors to achieve their goals, leading to the creation of mutual trust and partnership in the process. For them, creativity knows no borders.
HOW THEY FIT YOUR NEEDS
Through their three development units, they tailor their practice to best accommodate their partners’ specific goals, a strong commitment that repeatedly leads clients to trust their expertise.
- Their public sector unit provides actionable and realistic evaluations and solutions to humanitarian and development actors, as well as donors who focus on assistance to populations in need.
- Their private sector unit provides knowledge and contextual insight on emerging markets and advises companies seeking to develop business opportunities and growth in challenging environments.
- Their partnerships unit fosters collaborations between Samuel Hall and academic institutions, think tanks, public and private foundations, and local partners to bridge the gap between decision-making and implementation.
Samuel Hall Team:
Their teams of field practitioners, academic experts and local interviewers have years of experience conducting evidence-based research. Samuel Hall’s interdisciplinary team has impeccable academic backgrounds in political science, economics, sociology, international development, anthropology, archaeology and philosophy and frst-hand experience of operating on the ground in challenging and demanding environments. Their staff members and associate experts demonstrate:
• University-level qualifcations: Ph.D. and Masters levels from leading universities in North America, Europe, Asia and Africa;
• Sector knowledge acquired through continuous partnerships with academic experts in political science, economy, justice, health, migration, etc.;
• Field experience acquired through more than ten years of sustained cooperation with stakeholders from national capitals to remote villages.