SERHAU S.A (Societe d'Etudes Regionales, d'Habitat et d'Amenagement Urbain - Society for Regional Studies, Housing and Urban Planning)
SERHAU-SA is a structure which has taken over from the Regional Studies, Housing and Urban Development Service (SERHAU) created in 1986, itself resulting from the Benin Urban Planning Project (PUB-Benin) set up by the Beninese Authorities in 1982.
The "SERHAU": Regional Studies, Housing and Urban Development Service, created in June 1986 and endowed with financial autonomy, the SERHAU was placed under the administrative supervision of the Directorate of Town Planning and 'Housing within the Ministry of Equipment and Transport.
SERHAU-SA although created in 1993 in the current form, has inherited a long tradition of design office.
With technical support and financial support from French Cooperation, SERHAU carried out regional studies in Benin, town planning and urban development plans for six major agglomerations (Porto-Novo, Parakou, Lokossa, Natitingou, Abomey -Bohicon, Djougou), Habitat and Architecture studies on behalf of Administrations and Local Authorities, subdivision operations.
The Société d'Etudes Régionales, d'Habitat et d'Aménagement Urbain (SERHAU-SA) is a company incorporated under Beninese law, created in March 1993. When it was created, it had a share capital of 50,000,000 FCFA made up of 48% public contributions and 52% private contributions. Public shareholders include the State for 10%, OPT and SBEE, each for 7% and local authorities for 24%. This share capital was increased to 100,000,000 FCFA in September 2001. The registered office of the Company is located at 32-34 Rue 390 (Route de Lomé) in Cotonou: Republic of Benin.
SERHAU-SA is administered by a 12-member Board of Directors with General Management. Its corporate purpose is to provide for remuneration:
- studies, advice and works in the field of urban development, housing and local development, in particular all studies necessary for the establishment of regional, local, urban and architectural development plans in submit to funding institutions;
- assistance and advice to the State and local authorities in the field of municipal and housing management;
- Receive a mandate or delegation from public contracting authorities, in particular from the State and local authorities, to have any provision of goods, services or studies and works in the fields carried out on their behalf by third parties specified above;
- Exercise the mission of land developer and real estate developer;
SERHAU-SA intervenes, within the framework of the exercise of its mission, in three forms:
- as a Design Office;
- as Delegated Contracting Authority, (Executing Agency);
- either in the form of Assistant to the Contracting Authority.
The objective of the Company is to provide its customers with high quality professional services and to be able to always respond favorably to their expectations.See more