The Sharjah Charity International was established by Amiri Decree No. (1) of 1989 under the name of Charity Association. The name was changed in the year 2000 to become the Sharjah Charitable Society. It is based on collecting donations and providing them to the poor, the needy and orphans.
They aim to extend a helping hand and do public good and righteousness, and all the business and humanitarian activities inside and outside the state leading to the achievement of its objectives, in particular but not limited to, and shall have the following:
- ensure that needy families after work appropriate study
- ensure that orphans and widows, the poor and that the care of physically, socially and culturally
- Provide assistance and health care for families affected by drought and famine, as well as cases of sudden disasters such as earthquakes, floods and wars, within and outside the country
- valuable collection Iftar and Zakat al-Fitr and the sacrificial animals and distributed to beneficiaries
- Work on the construction of schools, health centers, mosques, digging wells and other
- cooperation with associations and other charitable institutions that seek to achieve similar objectives to the service of humanity within and outside the country
- Receive Zakat funds and donations and spent in legal channels
- The establishment of investment projects and endowment
- Other things associated with the work of the Assembly referred by the Ruler Assembly
See the Assembly securing the necessary humanitarian needs and assist in the investigation of righteousness works inside and outside the country.