Solidarity for Afghan Families (SAF) as a non-governmental, non-political and non for profit organization with an independent legal identity, was established in October 2005 by a number of innovative, experts and experienced Afghans.
What they do
According to the problems and priorities in Afghanistan, SAF mainly provides services in four areas:
3. Social Development
4. Agriculture & husbandry
SAF also has been active in other cross cutting themes such as Human Rights and Gender as integral parts of all its interventions, targeting mostly women, children, youths and marginalized population e.g. immigrants, people with disabilities and addiction.
To get to a developed and welfare society for Afghan families.
To empower and enable Afghan families to combat against diseases, poverty, social injustice and illiteracy.
Values and Principles in SAF:
The main values of SAF in implementing above mentioned mission are first and foremost as below:
- Respect for universal human rights and the perspective of women, children and vulnerable in all activities.
- Promoting the stewardship role of the government and obedience of all laws of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan especially the NGOs' law.
- Community involvement and empowerment
- Respecting beliefs, cultural values and tradition of communities that are targeted.
- Equal access to services, including women`s right to survival, protection and development.
- Multi-sectoral collaboration
- Evidence-based decision making
- Promoting transparency
Moreover, the following working principles should be adopted by the staff members of SAF:
1. Independency: This organization is led by a Board of Directors, and all its members follow the accepted norms of the country and the rules and regulations of the non-governmental organizations.
2. Being non-political: This organization is not affiliated with any political parties or organizations, and does not participate in any kind of political activities.
3. Justice: SAF is against any kind of ethnic, tribal, linguistic, sexual and regional discrimination.
4. Professionalism: This organization performs all management procedures on the basis of professional standards.
5. Transparency and accountability: Transparency and accountability are strictly taken in to account during all activities.
Where is Solidarity for Afghan Families (SAF)