Speak Up Africa is a Policy and Advocacy Action Tank. Through their platforms and relationships and with the help of their partners, they ensure that policy makers meet implementers; that solutions are showcased and that every sector - from individual citizens and civil society groups to global donors and business leaders - contributes critically to the dialogue and strives to form the blueprints for concrete action for public health and sustainable development.
Headquartered in Dakar, Senegal, Speak Up Africa is a women-led strategic communications and advocacy organization dedicated to catalyzing leadership, enabling policy change, and increasing awareness for sustainable development in Africa.
Speak Up Africa supports the global commitment to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). With ensuring health and well-being of all at their core, they support SDGs 1-6 in transforming societies throughout Africa and making sure every man, woman, and child is empowered to live a long and healthy life.
Speak Up Africa work to improve African well-being:
- With their long-standing relationships with cultural influencers, celebrities, and decision makers, they have the unique talent to inspire action around pressing public health and development issues across the African continent.
- Their programs aim to serve as a powerful public accountability mechanisms, enhancing transparency, and encouraging governments to uphold their public commitments.
- They go beyond high-level advocacy to challenge and change how all sectors of African societies perceive their ability to influence decision- making processes and hold them to account for engaging and facilitating that change.
AdvocacyCatalyze the Engagement of Policymakers
The momentum generated by Speak Up Africa’s campaigns serves as a powerful public accountability mechanism, enhancing transparency and encouraging governments to uphold their public commitments. Speak Up Africa engages with the international health and development communities and with national governments to enact strategic policy change at the national level.
- Community access to child health diagnostic and treatment tools.
- OTC access to low osmolarity ORS and zinc.
- Ensure ORS+Zinc is the primary treatment for diarrhea.
- Removal of taxes and tariffs on critical health commodities.
- Improved accountability and transparency on national spending.