Territorial Agricultural Development Agency (Agence Territoriale de Developpement Agricole - ATDA)
Under the supervision of the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Fisheries, the Territorial Agency for Agricultural Development aims to ensure a better combination of the sectoral approach and the territorial approach as well as the application of the instruments and procedures related thereto. in particular:
- the selection of priority channels for the pole;
- interventions on the relevant links of the sectors to be developed / strengthened;
- strengthening relations between the different categories of actors;
- the establishment of strategic partnerships to address the issues of producers, processors, financial services, agri-food traders and their customers, and consumers;
- the promotion of hydroagricultural development, the development of agricultural mechanization and the realization of the structuring infrastructures in the pole.
The head office of the Territorial Development Agency can be transferred to any other place of the Agricultural Devel- opment Pole by decree of the Council of Ministers.
The Territorial Agency for Agricultural Development has antennas in its zone of intervention, in order to ensure a better proximity with the beneficiaries.
The number of antennas, the size and the profile of the facilitators depend on the need for support.
The antennas are digested by the managers of Antennes recruited by the Director-General by calls for applications. Under the present statutes, the geographic coverage of each agricultural development unit is defined in accordance with the attached table.
The Territorial Agency for Agricultural Development is created for a period of ninety-nine years (99) years.
The main mission of the Agency is to implement the policy of promotion of the specific carrier sectors to the Pole of Agricultural Development under management and to initiate actions allowing its to ensure that the government's objectives for channel promotion and territorial development are realized and produce visible results, effects and impacts.
As such, the Territorial Agency for Agricultural Development (ATDA) is responsible for:
- developing, validating and conducting with key stakeholders, the operational plans of development for each each carrier and its value chains added to improve the production, productivity, competitiveness and incomes of the players;
- facilitate the access of producers to factors of production and quality services adapted through innovative mechanisms of support for the implementation of specific inputs, materials and services. Adapted equipment;
- to set up or reinforce the structuring agricultural infrastructures essential to the development of productive activities and to a better valorization of the productions;
- facilitate the access of the actors of the sectors to the information and innovations, as well as to the agricultural councils;
- to closely follow the actors in the effective application of the innovations introduced;
- coordinate the development projects of the agricultural sectors involved in the PDA;
- implement transversal actions to promote PDA agricultural sectors;
- support the development of partnership relations between the actors of the channels in promotion for the purposes of better local capacities of production and agro-industrial transformation;
- to contribute to the development of a more beneficial inter-communality in the agricultural field;
- coordinate the interventions of public and private actors on agricultural sectors in the development sector;
- support the organization and structuring of actors within its territorial jurisdiction;
- facilitate access of agricultural products to markets;
- ensure that the gender dimension is taken into account in all agricultural and rural promotion actions;
- facilitate the access of target groups to funding. See more