The International Centre for Tax and Development (ICTD)
The International Centre for Tax and Development (ICTD) is a global policy research network, devoted to improving the quality of tax policy and administration in developing countries, with a special focus on sub-Saharan Africa.
Their objective is to contribute to development by:
- Providing research evidence that will help make taxation policies more conducive to pro-poor economic growth and good governance
- Generating and disseminating tax research to relevant policymakers
- Sharing research findings, in order to widen and deepen public debate about taxation issues in developing countries.
They do this by:
- Generating new tax policy-oriented research
- Tailored communication and dissemination of the findings of the research, so as to increase and deepen tax policy debates
- Building research capacity of researchers in developing countries, through trainings and by providing research grants.
- We are keen to support, fund, and cooperate with research organisations that share our objectives, and willing to help organisations in developing countries develop competences in relation to tax. The ICTD is based at the Institute of Development Studies. See more