The Max and Anna Levinson Foundation
The Levinson Foundation is a private foundation incorporated in 1955 by Max Levinson, a Philadelphia businessman and philanthropist. They make grants to nonprofit organizations committed to developing a more just, caring, ecological and resilient world.
They seek people and organizations that combine idealism, dedication and genuine concern with rigorous analysis and strategic plans, and that foster a sense of social connection, mutual recognition and solidarity.
Grant amounts are up to $30,000. Their funding is distributed among three categories:
Environment: including Protection of Ecosystems and Biological Diversity; the Elimination of Fossil Fuels; Resiliency and Climate Change; Oceans and Forests; Environmental Justice and the Development of Environmental Movements.
Social: including the Promotion of a Democratic, Equitable, Just and Nonviolent Society; Protection of Civil and Human Rights; Immigration Reform and Drug Policy; Alternative Media and Youth Leadership Development.
Jewish: including Jewish Culture, Religion, and Spirituality; Jewish Community; and Yiddish.See more