Universidad de Piura (UDEP)
The University of Piura provides a quality education, promotes scientific research and trains professionals capable of transforming society. Throughout the years, it has consolidated a recognized prestige for its academic rigor, level of exigency, seriousness and institutional quality.
The University of Piura has been created with the purpose of contributing, in accordance with the genuine mission of the university, to the elaboration of a synthesis of culture, which harmonizes the specialized dispersion of knowledge with the unity of human truth, enlightened and unified by the Christian faith.
The Christian orientation of the University of Piura is entrusted to the Prelature of Opus Dei, by agreement between the Association promoting the University and the Prelature.
It is part of its mission:
- To favor the integral formation of its students.
- Promote and disseminate scientific research in all fields of human knowledge; making the search for truth, the raison d'être of intellectual activity.
- Provide quality training that harmonizes the specialization with the overall vision and good knowledge of the surrounding reality.
- Promote social sensitivity to maintain a permanent attention to the concrete problems of man and society, guiding research and study to solve these problems.
The University of Piura is projected to be a benchmark for excellence in higher education in the country, training people who are distinguished by their human quality and professional competence of the highest level, translated into an ethical work performance and straightness of life.
- It seeks that the personal fulfillment of its members responds to the demands of society, through professional work, scientific and academic rigor.
- Seeks to guide the individual and social behavior of its members; spreading the value of human life, the family, the search for truth in all fields of knowledge and the spirit of service for the benefit of the community.
To achieve this level of quality, the University will always seek to link people of the highest possible suitability in its teaching, administrative and government level, offering them the means for their continuous human and professional training, seeking their identification with the mission and objectives of the University and its commitment to the search for truth and the spirit of service.
The main functions of the University of Piura are:
- Providing, through university education, comprehensive training and professional preparation to their students, so that they can effectively serve their fellow citizens and the whole society by promoting the common good through their own profession and civic action, carried out with human and technical competence, responsibility, moral rectitude and spirit of solidarity; and provide their alumni with sufficient opportunities to maintain, update and refine the training acquired during their passage through the classrooms.
- Promote and disseminate scientific research in all fields, starting with those most directly linked to the promotion of the quality of life of the regional, national and international community.
- Procure, in a true equality of opportunities, access to university studies of those who possess the necessary academic and human capacity, regardless of their economic possibilities, their social origin, their race or their religion.
- Carry out extensive university extension work that contributes to the moral, cultural and material elevation of the various social sectors.
- Carry out other tasks of service to society in the areas of their teaching and scientific activity: care work, cultural exchanges, technical advice, acquittal of consultations, etc.