URUFOR and COFUSA are two Uruguayan companies which belong to the same Economic Group dedicated to the forestry industry; to the production, industrialization and selling of high quality timber in overseas markets.
COFUSA supplies URUFOR with high quality eucalyptus grandis; and URUFOR is responsible for the industrialization and marketing of timber products under the brand name of RED GRANDIS. These activities are executed in the framework of environmental, social, health and safety policies.
Their purpose is to be recognized by their high quality products, which are obtained from sustainably managed forests and by means of a high quality industrialization process: all of which in an economically viable way. They also aim to meet the expectations of their clients, suppliers and members of the company; and thus enhance the well-being of their community.
Their mission is to offer high quality timber by maximizing economic, social and environmental sustainability.
- Preserve the integrity of ouwe project and its natural and social environment
- Harmonize their productive objectives with environmental preservation
- Establish themselves in the rural sector and add value in a sustainable way
- Achieve high standards of safe working conditions
- Promote training and the well-being of their people
- Collaborate with the development of the community where they have established
- Promote the proper use of timber and full use of forest products
- Contribute in active ways to the sustainable development of the Forest Sector, at a regional and national level.See more