Uttarakhand Gramya Vikas Samiti (UGVS)
Uttarakhand Gramya Vikas Samiti (UGVS), registered in 2004 under The Societies Registration Act 1860.
This society is promoted by Department of Rural Development, Government of Uttarakhand to undertake implementation of livelihood projects.
The society was engaged first in implementation of Uttarakhand Livelihood Improvement Project for Himalayas (ULIPH) from 2004-2012 and subsequently the society has undertake the work of implementing the Integrated Livelihood Support Project (ILSP).
Chief Secretary, Govt of Uttarakhand is Chairman of UGVS General Body. Additional Chief Secretary / Principal Secretary / Commissioner Forest and Rural Development (FRDC), Govt of Uttarakhand is Chairman and Secretary Rural Development, Govt of Uttarakhand is Vice-Chairman of UGVS Management Committee.
- Provide livelihood resources or all the rural area under the working area of UGVS.
- Establish SHGs, promote them and with the help micro-finance strengthen the members within the working area of UGVS.
- Organise programme and training for Agriculture based activities like agriculture, horticulture, animal husbandry etc to support livelihood of rural community.
- To help of these programmes community will get trained and establish the small units of productions.
- Organise activities for beneficiaries based on non-farm micro and small enterprises.
- Conduct communication activities for project’s activities, programme and training for this publish IEC materials.
- Conduct M&E for purposed projects activities.
- Coordinate with all government departments and NGOs to support different programs of the project.
- Finalise all the necessaries policies including establishment of DPMUs and recruit the staff to implement the project under the guidelines of IFAD.See more