Over 25 years of experience leading successful private sector development programs in transition and conflict-affected countries. Served as Chief of Party, Team Leader, and General Manager of United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Asian Development Bank (ADB), and Development Finance Corporation (DFC formerly OPIC). Proven track record in building high performing project teams, fostering innovation, and executing projects that generate scale and achieve extraordinary results.
Highlights of Achievements:
• Led access-to-finance programs that have mobilized over $500 million in financing for SMEs in emerging markets.
• Provided advisory services leading to the turnaround of SME financing programs in Iraq and Liberia.
• Led enterprise development programs that assisted over 800 SMEs start up, turnaround, and grow.
• Designed workforce development program that trained and placed over 600 university graduates in West Bank.
• Led design and development of ADB’s seminal ten-year financial sector development plan "Blueprint" for Cambodia.
• Led development of the premier executive business training center in Kazakhstan.
• Managed training of more than 2,500 bankers in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, and Turkmenistan.
• Led banking advisory services engagements with banks in Eastern Europe, Caucuses, and Asia.
• Managed privatization engagements in Central Asia in the mining, hospitality, and telecom sectors.
• Managed international credit portfolio exceeding $1 billion.
private sector development
Interested in learning more about this Devex member?
With a Recruitment Account, you can view the full profile & CV for this member and other professionals around the world. Click here to know more!
Already a member? Just sign in.
Orjoin to message other community members on Devex.