A highly experienced International Development Planning and Education Advisor with over 20 years of experience on Programme Management, Coordination and Institutional Capacity Development. Provided significant inputs and collaborations at national and sub-national level for the development, research and improvement of methods and systems for poverty alleviation including participatory Socio- Economic Development Plans (SEDP), rural development, educational and institutional capacity building interventions at national, provincial, district and commune levels in Vietnam and SE Asia. Comprehensive understanding of both global and national development perspectives, aspirations and impediments from direct participation in government and donor funded programmes in a diverse number of provinces in Vietnam. Developed through direct stakeholder engagement an intrinsic understanding of the challenges to consolidate middle-income status and steps necessary for achieving a prosperous, creative upper-middle-income inclusive and equitable society by 2035.
• Knowledge and technical expertise in the development of substantive management systems and relevant capacity building and communications interventions for participatory and inclusive planning (Central, Province, District, Commune and Village).
• Intrinsic understanding of Government level poverty alleviation policy and decentralised approaches for sustainable, accountable and equitable development.
• Promotion and prioritisation of Knowledge Generation and Information Sharing for sustainable Multidimensional Poverty Reduction.
• Extensive experience advising national and local stakeholders on the planning, communication, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of national and donor development programmes (Rural Development, Poverty Alleviation and Education).
• Utilisation and coordination of national, international and local research capacities to develop a better understanding and communication of development dynamics to inform policy makers and effective programme implementation.
• Promotion and communication of current best practice, rights based development approaches and international ethical standards.
• Honed negotiating and client service facilitation skills in the context of the transition from lower income status to middle-upper income consolidation.
• Direct and substantive contribution to the development of an informed and innovative knowledge society in Vietnam through the promotion of social inclusion, innovation and institutional capacity for building modern and accountable governance.
• Informed understanding of the potential of a vibrant political economy that progressively intersects between politics, society and socio-economic development for a positive influence on behaviour and institutions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and analytical skills honed to the specific needs of national and sub-national stakeholders in Vietnam.
• Proven team and people management skills in the promotion of strategic, tactical, green and sustainable development.
institutional development personnel
monitoring / evaluation
world bank group
Interested in learning more about this Devex member?
With a Recruitment Account, you can view the full profile & CV for this member and other professionals around the world. Click here to know more!