More than 20 years of senior positions financial services (banking, leasing, deposit insurance), financial sector risk management, commercial and public finance. Relevant advisory experience includes:
• Carried out wide range of senior level financial consulting assignments. Services include advisory and technical assistance projects in financial services (risk management in banking, insurance, deposit guarantee, fund management), public debt management, public finance management and investments.
• Significant experience in preparing legislation and regulation for risk based banking supervision, including treatment of various risk management issues, minimum capital requirements/own funds, recommendations and guidelines on risk management issues, operational and credit risk regulatory solutions, transitional regulatory and procedures for introduction of risk-based banking supervision framework.
• Conducted assessment of the banking sector, identifying gaps in compliance with the Basel Core Principles and EC Directives (2006/48/EC – CRD2 and 2006/49/EC – CAD). This included Pillar II issues, Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP), Supervisory Review and Evaluation Process (SREP) and more.
• Trainings on regulation topics for risk managers, on-site and off-site supervisors, banks, and banking associations. Worked with supervisors to develop onsite and offsite supervisory manuals, and guidelines.
• Structured and originated real-estate focused asset-based fund for international financial institutions. The process included assessments of banking risk management practices, geo- and multi-level segmentation of markets, products and services, and development of rism indicators according to capital, asset quality, earnings, liquidity, market and related risk considerations.