I have 20 years of experience regarding: the rule of law, capacity building, legal and judicial reform, legal
and judicial education reform, human rights, international criminal law, anti-corruption initiatives, Islamic
Sharia, gender, refugees, minorities' rights, children's rights, post-conflict justice, fact-finding missions,
drafting laws, drafting training manuals, investigation, prosecution and legal consultancy. My experience
encompasses Egypt, Iraq, Lebanon, Bahrain, Syria, Libya, Jordan, Afghanistan and the United States.
I have managed several international projects funded by the United Nations, European Union, European
Commission, Ford Foundation, MacArthur Foundation, NDI, OSI, USAID, U.S. Department of State and
U.S. Department of Justice. My background also includes:
• Managing multi-million dollar foreign assistance projects.
• Conducting a strategic review/analysis of the Iraqi public prosecution and the Judicial Oversight
• Organizing and conducting several trainings on human rights and international criminal law for
Egyptian, Iraqi and Afghan judges, prosecutors and police officers.
• Advising the Iraqi law schools on legal education reform.
• Advising the religious and ethnic minorities' groups in Iraq on their rights and advocating for
their rights before the Iraqi government.
• Advising the Afghan Supreme Court on judicial reform and judicial training including the
establishing of the Judicial Inspection Department.
• Supervising judicial training programs for more than 2000 Afghan judges and prosecutors.
• Advising the Afghan Supreme Court on establishing the Committee for Criminal Justice
Monitoring System in Afghanistan.
• Advising the Afghan High Office of Oversight and Anti-Corruption on modifying the existing
Anti-Corruption law of Afghanistan.
• Drafting the International Criminal Court Model Legislation to assist the Arab countries to adopt
the Rome Statute into their national laws.
• Participating in two fact-finding missions in Syria and Bahrain.
• Prosecution and investigation.
I am fluent in Arabic and English.