Job Title: Accounting Manager
Reports To: Controller
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt-level position
IBTCI is currently seeking an Accounting Manager. The ideal candidate will be responsible for general accounting, month-end closing, assist in various government audits (DCAA), and manage pay payroll. The successful candidate will have previous experience with the USAID government contracting accounting rules and regulations. Experience with Deltek Costpoint is required. This full-time position starts immediately. IBTCI is seeking a skilled professional who has previous experience in a similar role.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the output and accuracy of the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to: accounts receivable, general ledger, year-end audits, payroll, and taxes.
- Assist in all month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing activities including journal entry review/posting, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate expense allocation.
- Backup to Payroll Senior Accountant for payroll processing function, and review and approve the payroll before final transmittal.
- Work with external auditors; prepare audit schedules, provide explanations of schedules and related variances if any.
- Ensure monthly close is accomplished as per schedule.
- Assist in division /project budgets.
- Participate in cost proposal activity and create pricing responses to RFP and RFQ’s.
- Prepare billing invoices and follow up as necessary.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested.
- Mentor accounting staff by providing ongoing training and guidance.
- Collaborate with Controller on special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 5 years of experience in accounting.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of the organization required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel required.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet tight
- Previous experience using Deltek Cost point, Deltek T&E Module, Cognos, and project accounting software is required.
- Previous experience with FAR/DFAR regulations desired.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise accounting staff required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint strongly preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of cost accounting standards.
- Strict attention to detail.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required. Master’s degree preferred.
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with USAID, World Bank, MCC, donor agencies, etc preferred.
- Experience with training accounting/ finance staff.
- International Accounting/ Finance Experience.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment. Currently, the company is allowing for remote work due to COVID 19 in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia (DMV) area. This can be updated by the company.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Required as needed.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S.A. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
About the Organization
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC), and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH, and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients' missions.
We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working on some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies, and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.