Chemonics seeks an associate for its Accounts Payable team. The position will entail processing accounts payable and general ledger transactions, including payment requests, expense reports, travel advances, and other day-to-day accounts payable functions.
- Reviews and analyzes transactions (expense reports, subcontractor invoices, travel advances, and payment requests) in accordance with USAID and FAR regulations and Chemonics policies, which includes ensuring proper documentation and approvals are present before processing each request.
- Inputs reviewed transactions into the accounting system for payment processing; submits requests to the cash management department to initiate payments for completed requests.
- Researches and responds to inquiries from internal clients regarding expense reports, subcontractor invoices, travel advances, payment requests, vendor cards, and exit checklists.
- Reviews and reconciles corporate credit card transaction submissions with monthly credit card statements.
- Manages and maintains the company’s prepaid schedules by entering items into the schedule monthly.
- Processes corrections identified during the monthly invoicing process to bookings entered into the accounting system, and undertakes the monthly Equitrac processing.
- Reviews monthly travel charges of Chemonics employees and consultants that are processed by a third party travel agency and books them into the accounting system.
- Assists managers in reviewing and releasing work of other associates to approve expense reports, subcontractor invoices, travel advances, payment requests, corporate credit card transactions, etc. as delegated by the manager.
- Conducts research for annual financial and incurred-cost audits, which includes reviewing processed transactions and backup documentation; responds by providing explanations and relevant documents to the manager in preparation for auditors.
- Maintains the deferred rent schedule; processes the monthly reallocation of rent expenses.
- Calculates and inputs data into the accounting system for the company’s use tax, a tax that is assessed upon tangible personal property and taxable services purchased by a resident or business entity in the taxing state upon the use, storage, enjoyment, or consumption of the good or service, regardless of origin of the purchase tax expenses.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting strongly preferred.
- Minimum one year of experience with accounts payable or another finance/accounting function required.
- Prior experience with accounting software preferred.
- Experience with government contracting, knowledge of USAID regulations preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing; strong cross-culture communication and sensitivity skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle routine administrative tasks and operational issues.
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail, organization, and time management.
- Demonstrated ability to follow standard practices and procedures, receive general instruction and supervision, and contribute to projects and initiatives.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem solving and initiative to learn new skills.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Foreign language proficiency preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Previous experience working in international development and/or living or conducting volunteer work in developing countries preferred.
- Willingness to travel and work abroad in less developed countries for at least four to eight weeks per year.
- Willingness to learn new software systems.
Apply through our Career Center by Friday, March 27, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.