Palladium is seeking an entry-level analyst to support implementation of project activities on the USAID-funded Health Policy Plus project. The analyst will support a broad range of health systems strengthening activities in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. The analyst will work with U.S. and field-based project staff to conduct literature reviews and quantitative analyses related to health financing and economics, particularly for family planning, HIV, maternal health, and other health domains. The analyst will also support development of written materials, including reports and briefs, and PowerPoint presentations. The analyst will assist in organizing project trainings, workshops, and meetings.
* Provide analytical support on health financing and economics activities, including desk-based research, literature reviews, and quantitative analysis in Excel.
* Support development of products such as reports, briefs, and PowerPoint presentations
* Assist in organizing project trainings, workshops, and meetings with U.S. and field-based staff and key stakeholders
* Coordinate with project staff to track activity implementation and reporting
* Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Recent undergraduate degree in public health, economics, statistics, international development, public policy, or related field with 1-2 years of relevant work or internship experience; OR MA/MPH graduate with 0-1 year of relevant work or internship experience. For all candidates, quantitative coursework is required.
The following are required:
* Quantitative skills, including data analysis and statistical interpretation.
* Clear and effective writing and oral communication skills
* Ability to develop presentations and/or other multimedia formats to showcase analytical results
* Experience working or studying in developing countries
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and conducting web-based research.
* Knowledge of global health issues
* Ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities while meeting deadlines.
* Ability to work successfully with diverse groups, partners and colleagues and a team player.
* Attention to detail
* Fluency in English
* Willingness to travel internationally as needed by the project
Desired, but not required:
* Experience with statistical software such as Stata, SPSS, or R
* Fluency in French or Portuguese
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.