The American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) seeks an Arabic-English-Arabic interpreter/translator to support its Judicial Education Program in Egypt. The position reports to the Program Director.
- In close collaboration with the program director, ensure the translation of all relevant program materials;
- Provide high quality Arabic/English interpretation during meetings, trainings, and any other activity of the program involving both English and Arabic speakers where formal simultaneous interpretation is not provided;
- Assist staff with quality control of all documents distributed during meetings and trainings, including substantive materials, agendas, outlines, and similar;
- Assist with liaising with government officials, partner organizations and beneficiaries, including setting up meetings and helping facilitate communications by/to the program director and Country Director;
- Provide informal interpretation for visiting international staff during meetings and events as needed;
- Provide assistance with any other activity related to the program.
- Bachelor degree in English/Arabic languages, Translation/Interpretation, Communication or any other relevant subject;
- At least three years of experience as translator/interpreter in Arabic/English languages;
- Perfect command of written and spoken English and Arabic is essential;
- Good knowledge of MS office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook);
- Excellent organizational and planning skills;
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends;
- Ability to take initiative and cope effectively under pressure;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Team player with professional demeanour, including cross-cultural sensitivity as well as tact and diplomacy in dealing with others;
- Experience with interpretation-translation for government entities or senior officials an asset.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to follow up with candidates who are selected for interviews. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and this position may be filled prior to the close date.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to this posting.
For more information on this program please visit: https://www.americanbar.org/advocacy/rule_of_law/where_we_work/middle_east/egypt.html
About the Organization
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in more than 50 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 500 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
For more information about what we do at ABA ROLI please visit: https://www.americanbar.org/advocacy/rule_of_law/about.html