Job DescriptionAbout You
You’re excited to be a part of a dynamic company that’s growing fast and has an open, teamwork-focused culture. You’re a deeply organized technical producer of news, digital marketing or online events who wants to make a difference in the world. You seek to be the best communicator, especially when it comes to written copy and are excited to be an instrumental part of growing Devex’s global reach. You can smoothly juggle multiple projects - and sweat the details. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are ambitious, media-savvy, technically-minded, highly detail-oriented and motivated to make the world a better place. Last but not least, you have a mind for, and a desire to, get into the weeds of technical production.
You also think about your career and how you can grow within Devex. You’ll get lots of support from your manager and news team that will be thrilled you’re here! You’ll always have the opportunity to grow and learn from sharp, committed colleagues. You’ll tackle projects to keep you challenged. Our culture is low on bureaucracy and high on impact so that you can do your best work.
Does this sound like you? If you just said “yes,” keep reading…
What you’ll do here:
If you’ve read this far, we know that you want to know more. As the Associate Producer of Digital Events, you will be the owner of our Digital Events. This means you will be responsible for coordinating and implementing a robust online events strategy and your first year will look a little bit like this:
In your first 90 days you’ll:
- Be comfortable with providing end to end support for digital events.
- Drive the editorial vision for topics and panelists to managing the back-end of the event in Marketo.
- Have a forward-looking editorial pipeline of events in place for 2019.
- Set up a stellar panel that ties into our news priorities, resonates with our audience and is of value for our members.
- Master the technical minutiae of marketing an event and running an event day-of in ReadyTalk.
By the time you finish your first year you’ll have:
- Smoothly produced weekly or bi-weekly digital events including webinars, live social media interviews and other formats.
- Built an ongoing, sustainable editorial pipeline that is aligned with organizational and news editorial priorities.
- Used your awesome communication skills to strengthen our direct audience engagement through marketing efforts and sign-up/retention rates day-of the event.
- Collaborated with Devex’s global team of reporters and editors to create engaging digital events that help raise Devex’s profile as a go-to source of information and thoughtful discussion on the world’s most pressing development issues.
- Worked across teams at Devex to implement a robust digital events strategy that includes live social media interviews, webinars and tweet chats.
- Optimized our digital events and their marketing components to drive audience engagement and retention
- Managed the granular details of production: light coding, list building and targeting, A/B testing, link embedding, metrics pulling and the works
- Tracked relevant event metrics that can be parlayed into tangible takeaways to constantly improve the workflow and external presence of our online events
Here are the basic requirements you’ll need to become the next Associate Producer of Digital Events…
- Have a bachelor’s degree in a related field (journalism, international development, communications, etc.)
- Have great communication skills, especially the ability to write great copy for promotional e-mails
- Be familiar with online event platforms – such as Facebook Live, webinar technologies like ReadyTalk and others – in addition to analytics tools like Google Analytics and social media monitoring software
- Be familiar with social media channels, including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Be familiar with key actors in the global development landscape
- Eagle-eyed attention to detail
Besides the basics, here’s what we’d love to see you have…
- Social media experience and in writing marketing copy.
- Keen interest and understanding of global development
- Familiarity with online event and digital marketing platforms, particularly Marketo, Salesforce, Google Hangouts, Webex or ReadyTalk
Are you ready to get started? Apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About the Organization
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding and career opportunities. Our goal is to do more good for more people. Today, we reach over 1 million aid workers and development professionals, and we can't wait to make it even more.
We live our mission and bring our world-class academic and professional experience to work every single day to change the world.
Our diverse global team includes 130+ web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. Our headquarters is in Washington, DC., we have offices in Barcelona and Manila, and reporters on 5 continents. We cover the most meaningful issues in the world, from eradicating malaria and polio to fighting climate change to ending poverty in our time. Professionals at NGOs like Save the Children, CARE, and the Gates Foundation rely on us to be in-the-know.