The Position holder will support the MGIC’s monitoring, evaluation and research activities. The candidate will perform data management functions including participation in the design of data visualization dashboards, verification of the quality of the data and data statistical analysis and reporting for large databases. Duties will also include preparing analysis plan for evaluations, managing datasets, training, and perform other tasks as needed.
- Using SAS, STATA and/or R, analyze data through statistical approaches such as longitudinal and time series analysis, mixed effect modeling, logistic regression analyses, and model building techniques.
- Develop detailed data analysis plans and descriptions of analyses for large databases in collaboration with MGIC M&E and Program teams.
- Prepare reports based on data analysis plans
- Prepare manuscript drafts for publication and presentation at professional conferences.
- Calculate power and sample size calculations for observational studies.
- Conduct and prepare data summaries or statistical analyses.
- Design data collection tools
- Develop databases to collect raw data.
- Develop code to review transcription errors and create clean merged SAS, R and/or Stata databases
- Access databases remotely and trouble shoot errors in data collection/transcription.
- Provide technical support to other MGIC biostatisticians, researchers and other staff on data management, analysis and reporting.
- Manage and maintain multiple datasets.
- Conduct data quality assessment
- Performs constructions of datasets, variables, codebooks, data dictionary and data cleaning.
- Assist in the preparation and review of dashboards
- Maintain up-to-date data management documentation (e.g.; data dictionary, data management plan, code book etc)
- Perform other duties as needed
Master’s degree in biostatistics, epidemiology, statistics or mathematics and two (2) years of statistical analysis experience analyzing studies using a range of statistical techniques in a health-related environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skill in statistical programming, interpretation and data analysis using statistical software as well as spreadsheet and database software applications.
- Ability to design research studies,
- Good understanding of data collection procedures and data warehousing.
- Ability to understand and utilize scientific/medical terminology and research theory in both oral and written communications.
- Skilled in using measurable and verifiable information for making decisions or judgments.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and project management skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of subjects and information obtained.
- Ability to network with and provide information to key groups and individuals.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently perform or lead research activities.
- Ability to use a consultative approach to resolve issues in area of responsibility.
- Ability to work with very tight deadline.
Ability to work under pressure, with minimal supervision, result-oriented.
Experience with analyzing HIV and health services data and conducing longitudinal and time series analysis is strongly preferred.
About the Organization
The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is an international non-profit affiliate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), which works to strengthen health systems and reduce the spread and impact of HIV/AIDS in the areas where we operate. We currently have offices in sub-Saharan Africa, including Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zambia.