World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As the Business Development & Grant Management (BD&GM) Associate Director, you will be responsible for leading and coordinating business development and grants acquisition. You will build the profile of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) National Office via pre-positioning, donor engagement and strengthening National Office business development capacity with the aim of maximizing and diversifying the funding base. You will lead the development and implementation of the Grants Acquisition and Management (GAM) strategy. You will oversee an annual funding target of $35M, and ensure strong grants management capacity and compliance to engage and retain government, multi-lateral and private sector donors through successful grants implementation and strong donor relations in conjunction with Quality Assurance/Monitoring and Evaluation (MEAL) and Integrated Programs Directors and others as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Humanities, development studies, International Relations or its equivalent.
- 3-5 years of senior leadership experience in grant acquisition (with a strong track record of winning grants).
- Demonstrated experience in project management with government and multilateral agencies grant funded projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English with strong competency in proposal writing.
- Minimum intermediate French skills (spoken and written) required.
- The position requires the ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 23 JULY 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.