Join the Media Platform for the Global Development Community
You: a business development and sales leader who loves people management, sales strategy, systems and workflow - and who wants to put those skills to use at a mission-driven organization with a business culture.
Us: a buzzed-about social enterprise committed to changing the world through our audience of one million aid workers and development professionals. An international organization founded at the Harvard Kennedy School, Devex is headquartered in Washington, DC, and has offices in Barcelona and Manila and reporters around the world.
Our diverse global team includes 100 web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. We cover the most important issues in the world, from eradicating malaria and polio to fighting climate change to ending poverty in our time, and professionals at NGOs like Save the Children, CARE, ONE, and the Gates Foundation rely on us to be in-the-know.
If you’re eager to bring your management, operations, and sales strategy skills to help us scale up our sales operations at Devex, we’d love to get to know you better. We want to give you the opportunity to grow your own team, learn from sharp, committed colleagues and be part of an energizing culture that’s low on bureaucracy and high on impact (and fun). Get to know us better by checking out our tumblr page: http://devex.tumblr.com/
Why this position is great for you:
- You have a chance to really impact and even transform the organizations that work every day to achieve the Global Goals and improve lives around the world
- We’re a young, dynamic social enterprise that’s growing fast and that has an open, collaborative culture
- There’s no bureaucracy here. You’ll get to own your work with the support you need
- Our existing business in this area is small but impressive, and there’s market demand for you to grow it exponentially
- Want to get ahead? We’re filled with stories of people who joined Devex and moved up, and up, and up. And that’s exactly what we’re looking for from you.
What we need from you:
The main responsibilities of the Business Development Operations Director are…
- Manage a global team of business development and sales people to significantly improve results
- Develop a workflow and culture - including incentive systems and proposal development - that makes our sales operation world-class
- Enhance existing systems (Salesforce) to ensure data-driven decisions and process improvements
To fit well in this role you must have worked in BD and sales operations at a top-tier organization and have experience managing people. You probably work (or have recently worked) at a media, content, or information business and want to leverage that experience to really make a mark at a social enterprise. Specific requirements include:
- 5+ years work experience in top-tier sales organizations with proven record of revenue results
- Experience managing people and building culture
- Deep data, metrics, and systems expertise (Salesforce)
- Bachelor’s degree
- US work authorization
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
About the Organization
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding & career opportunities so you can do more good for more people. Devexers live our mission, and bring their top-notch academic and professional credentials to work every day to change the world.