Why this Job is Amazing:
The Business Development and Partnerships Manager in DC will:
- Spearhead our new business activities in Washington DC and rest of USA aimed at both the International Development and corporate markets.
- Contribute to the strategic product and service offering of the company.
- Help an innovative social impact company reach global scale by identifying and winning large, multi-year, multi-country programmes and building strategic alliances.
- Build a portfolio of clients/programmes for delivery across Africa and other markets.
- Identify new business opportunities and develop winning consortia and bids.
- Work with US and international development organisations, major corporates, technology partners and funders.
Details of the role:
Functions will focus on sales and span other business development roles including market analysis, events networking, public speaking and strategic alliance development, through to bid design and management.
You will work very closely with our Business Development & Partnerships team and the CEO, and you will be very well supported by our pre-sales team comprising bid management, programme design, content, project management and technical development.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
Driving new business opportunities:
- Identifying, negotiating and closing new business opportunities.
- Monitoring tender opportunities and positioning E1M to be part of winning consortia
- Proactively creating opportunities to access available funding sources.
- Raising E1M’s profile and establishing strong relationships with targeted clients and partners resulting in increased business opportunities.
- Influencing E1M’s products, services and strategic roadmap to enable more business to be won.
- Co-developing winning bids with business development team, client and partners.
Developing and maintaining strong client relationships:
- Reaching out to targeted clients to sell, upsell and maintain positive long-term relationships.
- Identifying and building relationships with key decision makers within potential client organizations and funders.
- Identifying client’s strategic priorities and interests.
- Researching and building relationships with new clients (including corporates, international development agencies, large NGOs, donors and their key suppliers).
- Coordinating and supporting communication plans for enhanced visibility and influence with targeted audiences.
- Reviewing win and loss notifications to identify themes and trends to understand existing client needs.
Qualifications and experience:
- Experienced sales and partnerships development professional with a proven track record of building relationships and winning business.
- Solid knowledge of and relationships within the US International Development sector and major international development actors.
- Demonstrated passion for technology and socio-economic development.
- Experience in proposal writing and the proposal management process.
- Bachelors / Masters degree in business, international development or related field.
- Experience working in the African context.
- Existing work authorization for the United States.
- Desire to be based in the DC area.
- Outstanding oral and written English communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent negotiation, relationship management and collaboration skills.
- Driven and motivated self starter with ability to work remotely as part of a supported sales and pre-sales team.
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to assume responsibilities to deliver against targets.
- Willingness to think outside the box even when under pressure.
- Ability to interpret and analyse complex information from a range of sources and present in a succinct and compelling way.
- Public Health or Social Development experience or training.
- Experience working with technology teams.
- Additional language capacity for our African markets such as French, Portuguese, Spanish, or Swahili.
How to Apply
Send a covering letter describing your relevant experience and value you would bring to the role and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 22nd, 2017.
About the Organization
Who is Every1Mobile (E1M):
Every1Mobile is a fast growing, private equity backed mobile services and technology company which designs, builds and runs large digital social impact programmes across sub-Saharan Africa and other emerging markets. We work on projects spanning financial and digital literacy, entrepreneurship, sexual health, gender and youth engagement for clients including Unilever, UN, PSI, Palladium and One.org, and on programmes funded by The World Bank, USAID, UKAID and the EU. The company has offices in Brighton, Cape Town and Nairobi. Our Lagos office will open in Q1 2018. There’s more on our website - www.every1mobile.net.
Every1Mobile is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We respect and know the importance of a diverse team. It is the policy of Every1Mobile not to discriminate against any employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, developmental disability, sexual orientation or national origin. This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff and termination.