DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
Scope of Work:
DevTech is seeking a full-time Business Enabling Environment (BEE) Expert who will provide advice to team members, USAID, and GOI counterparts. The BEE Expert will conduct assessments, business process reengineering and simplification. S/he will also provide technical assistance proposals and develop scopes of work for consultants in all areas of business enabling environment. The BEE Expert’s responsibilities include, reviewing Indonesia’s national and provincial level strategies, and usage of investment incentives, application procedures, and consistency of incentives being applied as a means of attracting foreign direct investment. Additionally, s/he will collaborate with international and domestic private sector stakeholders and organizations. The BEE Expert’s responsibilities extend to designing a strategy on how GOI can attract an increasing amount of foreign investment. Moreover, s/he will identifiy and assesses business and similar indicators, assists GOI on improving these areas based on GOI’s priorities and USAID/Indonesia’s IPS strategy. Lastly, the BEE Expert will assist GOI and provincial governments in implementing BEE interventions and methodologies, and s/he will present the work and materials in trainings or workshops, especially for GOI counterparts.
- Must have experience with international development programs in Indonesia.
- Must have experience working with GOI institutions.
- Must have a minimum of a master’s degree or equivalent in economics, business, public administration, economic development, or related field.
- At least 10 years of experience in the area of economic development, including analyzing and developing policies aimed at removing barriers to business or improving the business enabling environment.
- Must have experience in conducting business environment analysis.
- Must have experience in capacity building and training.
- Must have experience managing a staff/team.
- Must be a citizen of Indonesia.
- Must be proficient in English and Bahasa.
- Excellent writing skills (publication record, assessments, or analyses).
- Must be a team player.
About the Organization
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.