Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day to day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence- We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom- We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion and the power of global collaboration. Transparency- We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The International Republican Institute’s Center for Global Impact (CGI) is designed to help IRI learn, innovate, and lead in global democratic development programming. Comprised of experts specializing in a range of technical areas and program staff who oversee global and cross-cutting initiatives, the Center leads the Institute’s efforts to contribute to thought leadership, respond to emerging global challenges and trends, facilitate global initiatives, and serve as an incubator for new ideas and cutting-edge approaches. The CGI Associate is an entry level position for program work at IRI and provides administrative and programmatic support for current and developing programs.
· Undergraduate degree in political science, international relations or related field.
· 0-1 year of experience in international development or related field.
· Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
· Excellent writing, research and communication skills.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
· Provides general project management support including developing and tracking work plans, monitoring deadlines and deliverables, and other relevant project-related elements
· Tracks and follows-up on pending procurement requests, approvals and monitoring once approved.
· Maintains budget trackers and liaises with accounting staff to manage and update project budget pipelines based on expected and planned expenses.
· Drafts quarterly, semi-annual, final and other relevant reports for funders.
· Compiles and facilitates submission of contract packages.
· Serves as point of contact for procurement solicitations and compiles submitted materials to facilitate the evaluation process.
· Maintains project site and documents.
· Provides logistical support for meetings and events.
· Liaises with vendors and contractors to support project goals and deliverables.
· Supports CGI’s communication strategy including branding and outreach plans on projects assigned, including drafting and updating program summaries and other outreach materials, drafts web stories, tweets, etc.
· Supports other staff in CGI to reach programmatic objectives and deliverables.
· Performs other duties as assigned.