Change Management Advisor,
Afghanistan’s Measure for Accountability and Transparency (AMANAT),
“Afghanistan’s Measure for Accountability and Transparency” project (AMANAT) is a USAID activity focused on supporting Afghan government and non-government institutions reduce and prevent corruption in the delivery of public services. The project works closely with local counterpart agencies to identify public services that are particularly vulnerable to corruption, develop mitigation strategies, implement those initiatives, and monitor their impact. Examples of AMANAT’s reforms include administrative streamlining, improved internal controls, e-governance applications, more open data, and establishing ethics units in government agencies. The project also promotes better communication of these reforms to generate more public trust in government. In addition, civil society, business and the media play major roles in AMANAT by conducting robust monitoring and oversight of these institutional reforms and their impacts.
**Please note: Only Afghan citizens are eligible for this position**
The Change Management Advisor will develop and implement change management strategies, interventions and plans to help government ministries adopt transformations needed to implement specific reforms. This will be done by maximizing the awareness, commitments, and engagement of government officials, while minimizing risks and resistance to change. In this role, the advisor will be an essential member of a multi-disciplinary team that is creating change in public service delivery by identifying and focusing on business processes in government agencies and then making them more efficient by simplifying them.
- Assess the readiness, risks (internal and external) and potential impacts in selected government ministries that are associated with change initiatives
- Help to identify key risks, resistance and performance gaps and develop mitigation strategies to minimize negative effects
- Support and advise senior leaders of targeted ministries to develop and implement actionable change management strategies and plans that maximize government ministries’ alignment and engagement, create awareness, maximize adoption and minimize resistance
- Engage senior leaders of targeted ministries to promote alignment and ensure their commitment for initiatives to achieve successful and sustainable outcomes
- Develop and implement a capacity development plan for targeted line ministries on Change Management through consultative processes
- Co-design and co-facilitate trainings with government counterparts on effective knowledge transfer and capacity building techniques for technical teams implementing reform activities
- Prepare quarterly reports with lessons learned and make recommendations for implementation of successful reform objectives
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress and support change management at the ministerial level
- Identify deviations in performance from the change standards and implement strategies for corrective action to achieve full organizational adoption of change
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred
- At least three years’ experience in change management in public or private sector is required
- Demonstrated experience at government ministries/agencies is required
- Experience leading a major change management process is preferred
- Knowledge about public services delivery processes and public sector reform
- Fluent English and professional proficiency in Dari and Pashto (writing and speaking)
- Outstanding teamwork skills and ability to work with people from different backgrounds
- Strong communications skills including effective listening
- Proactive problem solver
- Demonstrated track record of creativity, innovation and flexibility
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and develop reports
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Conflict resolution and/or mediation skills
- Word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software skills
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Applications due by: July 17, 2020
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.