IDG is currently looking for a Chief Corporate Governance and Privatization Advisor to join the USAID SOE Rapid Response Activity (SOERR) in Ukraine.
Position title: Chief Corporate Governance and Privatization Advisor (1 position) – Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Agriculture (MEDTA)
Duration: 6 months
Scope of Work
The role of the Chief Corporate Governance and Privatization Advisor will be to provide expert advice, technical support and legal expertise, and other facilitation and coordination assistance to the MEDTA to carry out its SOE privatization mandate. The Advisor will be seconded to the Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Agriculture (MEDTA) to oversee and provide strategic guidance on SOE reform and the privatization process. In addition, the Advisor will help coordinate MEDTA’s activities with other relevant GOU institutions and agencies that are responsible for various aspects of SOE privatization as well as other non-state relevant stakeholders. These institutions include the State Property Fund of Ukraine (SPFU), state entities, private sector, and other relevant Governmental bodies. He/she will have an active role in planning and management of day-to-day activities of the project. He/she will be responsible for drafting, developing, and regularly updating the documentation concerning the project as well as ensuring that realistic project timelines are developed and are adhered to.
- Develop a list of legal and institutional requirements to ensure that corporate governance issues of the restructured SOEs have been complied with;
- Provide technical expertise and advice on the legal and regulatory framework for the SOE privatization;
- Analyze the various legal mandates, roles and responsibilities that different stakeholders have in the SPE privatization process;
- Prepare information materials on the overall project status and for particular companies;
- Conduct meetings and maintain regular communication with various stakeholders, including but not limited to other donor projects, other development finance institutions and development aid agencies in order to ensure complementarity and avoid duplication.
Deliverables and Performance Standards
- Draft legal and institutional requirements on corporate governance developed;
- Expert recommendations on legislative process developed;
- A brief analysis on the roles and responsibilities of the various stakeholder in the SOE privatization;
- Relevant information materials developed and shared with the beneficiary.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in economics, law, or business administration. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of eight (8) years in privatization, corporate governance, legal drafting, business development,;
- Experience with government entities and their mandate and processes is an advantage;
- Thorough understanding of project management;
- Excellent presentational skills;
- Good knowledge of data management and analytic skills;
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with legal and regulatory framework analysis;
- Good command of English and Ukrainian, both written and spoken, including the ability to draft documents in English and Ukrainian to a very high standard.
Reporting: The Chief Corporate Governance and Privatization Advisor will report to the EDGE Regional Representative. He/she will send brief weekly updates, and a more detailed monthly report (not to exceed 5 pages) to the EDGE Regional Representative. In addition, the expert must consult with EDGE RR and if feasible, get relevant inputs and comments on the deliverables prior to sending them to the beneficiary.
Probationary period: The Chief Corporate Governance and Privatization Advisor will have a one-month probationary period of performance. After the probationary period ends, depending on the performance of the expert, he/she will continue to work on regular terms until the end of the contract, or in case of unsatisfactory performance, the contract will be terminated.
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organization
International Development Group LLC (IDG) is an international development consulting firm that assists donors, governments, and the private sector to achieve sustainable, broad-based economic development and poverty reduction. IDG assistance programs aim to build institutional capacity in the public, private and non-for-profit sectors to achieve measurable and sustainable impact for their communities. Since its foundation in 1988, our company has been successfully managing complex development programs for USAID and other international donors in over 25 countries.
International Development Group (IDG) is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).