Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID All Children Learning Activity in Cambodia. The program aims to improve early grade learning skills, including for children with disabilities, in primary schools. It will focus on Grades 1 to 3 and, where applicable, attached preschools (the upper preschool class targeting 5-year-olds). Chemonics implements education and literacy programs around the world, including those that focus on early grade reading and learning. Our approach promotes meaningful local partnerships and systems strengthening and builds on evidence-based methodologies to generate tangible results. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world, have experience in USAID education projects, and understand how to work with governments to build sustainable systems.
- Provide technical leadership and overall program management, supervision, and oversight to ensure that all activities and partners achieve the program’s targeted results
- Serve as the program’s key liaison with USAID and other relevant counterparts and implementing partners
- Ensure an integrated vision among program components and actors
- Identify issues and risks related to implementation in a timely manner, suggesting appropriate program adjustments
- Implement activities per approved work plans and budgets; propose adjustments according to performance monitoring data gathered in the field
- Work in complex, politically charged environment across different cultures, managing diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines
- Master’s degree or a foreign equivalent in education, public policy, management, social sciences, or a related field preferred
- Minimum 10 years of supervisory and management experience leading donor-funded development programs in Cambodia or Southeast Asia required; experience leading early grade learning or reading programming highly preferred
- Technical specialization or experience supervising technicians in early grade reading, teacher training/professional development, or education management recommended
- Demonstrated track record of working effectively with and through government counterparts across multiple departments and levels of government
- Experience managing complex early grade reading programs and using results to adapt service delivery preferred
- Strong communications skills, with a record of successfully leading large teams in culturally diverse settings
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent English required; Khmer language skills preferred
Please send an electronic CV to email@example.com by June 1, 2018. Please include “Chief of party” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.