Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID-funded Economic Governance Flagship project in Egypt. Coordinated in partnership with the Egyptian government, this activity will support local domestic reforms in Egypt to increase the accountability and efficiency of public institutions, as well as improve the government’s ability to provide services at reduced costs to international and domestic investors and average citizens. Specifically, the activity will support efforts to improve channels of communication between economic actors and policymakers in Egypt and expand the participation of women in Egypt’s economy. Additionally, this activity will support institutional reforms that enhance the capacity of Egypt’s civil service and upgrade public e-Governance systems, thereby ultimately improving performance and reducing administrative costs. Chemonics is seeking individuals with a background in economic governance, institutional reform, capacity building, and public e-service delivery. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Serve as the key liaison with USAID, local partners, and government counterparts, such as the Ministry of Investment and International Cooperation, the Central Agency for Organization and Administration, and the Administrative Control Authority
- Provide overall project leadership and staff management
- Co-design and lead technical activities and deliverables in collaboration with key counterparts and USAID
- Maintain responsibility for project deliverables and strategic communications with key counterparts and USAID
- Master’s degree or higher in economics, law, public administration, or a related field
- Fifteen years of relevant experience leading economic governance or public sector institutional strengthening programs
- Demonstrated chief of party experience in leading complex economic governance, public sector policymaking strategic planning, and civil service reform
- Experience providing strategic oversight of public sector policy development, reform, and implementation; e-governance solutions; service delivery automation; public sector change management and capacity building; and improved transparency initiatives
- Previous MENA experience required; Egypt experience preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills in English required; Arabic preferred
Please send your CV and cover letter to EGFlagshipRecruit@chemonics.com with “Chief of Party” in the subject line by April 1, 2019. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please use the following link to read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Privacy-Notice-12.2018.pdf
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.