We seek qualified candidates for the position of Chief of Party based in Egypt supporting an anticipated USAID-funded project aimed to support gender equality and female empowerment, with a concentration on advancement of the enabling environment for women’s empowerment; economic opportunity; and prevention and protection from gender-based violence (GBV).
The Chief of Party (COP) will provide overall management, coordination, oversight and ensure that activities and sub-partners are coordinated and achieve intended results. This individual will be the key liaison with USAID, key stakeholders, and other implementing partners. Her/his primary responsibilities will be aimed at providing overall leadership management and general technical direction of the entire program, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract. This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments. S/he will supervise activity implementation and ensure the activity meets stated goals and reporting requirements. The COP position requires political acumen, as s/he will interact with numerous institutions and senior-level national and regional-level government officials. The COP will have demonstrated ability to work in complex environments and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree; (however a Master’s degree is strongly preferred) in a directly relevant field from an accredited university;
- At least 10 years of experience in relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with programs that are of a similar scope and scale to this program;
- Demonstrated experience in CLA (Collaborating, Learning and Adapting) adaptive management;
- Demonstrated strategic planning, staff development and capacity building experience;
- Demonstrated experience in inclusive economic governance; gender-based
violence; and, public participation of females, women’s economic empowerment with experience in Egypt or MENA region preferred;
- Experience in managing large scale projects and activities, strategic planning and implementation of related activities;
- Demonstrated experience in CLA adaptive management;
- Proven track record in developing and maintaining relationships with government officials, private sector, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), donors, international NGOs, and professional institutions and in assisting multi-stakeholder consultations, negotiations and consensus building;
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they relate to project and program compliance and reporting;
- Demonstrated experience working alongside project stakeholders to deliver impact within agreed timelines;
- Experience operating in insecure environments.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will never ask you for your career site username or password, and we will never request money, goods or services during the application, recruitment or employment process. If you have questions or concerns about correspondence from us, please email CareerCenterSupport@fhi360.org.