CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve development outcomes. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients.
CAMRIS seeks a Chief of Party to lead and manage the upcoming USAID/Colombia Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Activity. The USAID/Colombia MEL activity is a five-year Mission-wide MEL mechanism with an expected start date of September 2018. Under this award, CAMRIS will provide technical and advisory MEL services for USAID/Colombia projects and activities, including monitoring support, evaluations, studies, assessments, and collaborating learning and adapting activities, to enhance the Mission’s MEL capability and to ensure empirical evidence for programming, learning, and adapting.
* Provide vision and overall leadership to operations
* Ensure provision of timely, relevant, high quality services
* Provide leadership on the project by proactively engaging USAID, partners, and MEL activity team members to provide effective MEL support. This involves deep collaboration with the Mission and partners to identify, design, and deliver high quality MEL services.
* Identify adjustments in scope and operations to ensure that the project adapts to changes in need and context.
* Provide quality assurance and responsiveness on all aspects of the MEL lifecycle including design, data collection, analysis, reporting, and learning.
* Serve as the primary point of contact to USAID Contracting Officer’s Representative and Contracting Officer.
* Supervise and empower all technical and administrative staff on the project.
* Collaborate closely with CAMRIS headquarters technical and operations staff.
* Champion the use of CAMRIS’ systems and processes, and identify adjustments as needed.
* Represent the Colombia MEL team at local, regional and international meetings, as required.
* An advanced university degree (Master’s or above), in management, international development, statistics, economics, or other related field
* 10 years of demonstrated experience participating in or overseeing performance monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities to generate and apply evidence based data for decision-making
* Prior experience serving as COP on a USAID-funded project of similar size and scope
* Prior experience in Colombia and/or the region desired
* Excellent communication, supervision, and management skills
* Fluency in English and Spanish required
About the OrganizationCAMRIS is known throughout the U.S. for its leading edge services to support our national programs and particularly for serving our Veterans. CAMRIS is also known worldwide for excellence serving client programs to improve economic, social, political, and health conditions of people in all parts of the world.
For 45 years, since our first contact with USAID in 1963 and with work in every year since, our most important partner in the international sphere has been the United States Agency for International Development (“USAID”). In fact, CAMRIS has worked with USAID in each year since its founding. Before USAID we assisted its predecessor organizations dating back to the Kennedy Administration in 1961, to address humanitarian needs and to counter instability posed by underdevelopment.
To date CAMRIS has carried out assignments for USAID in 50 countries in all regions and in many technical areas. Today CAMRIS continues this proud tradition as it works on significant USAID assignments in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our current work includes technical assistance to support major USAID-funded initiatives in the areas of Global Health, Democracy and Governance, Development, and Monitoring and Evaluation, and active assignments including several global initiatives and our present work in 24 countries (Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Botswana, Colombia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Indonesia, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Russia, Rwanda, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe).
ABOUT CAMRIS INTERNATIONAL
CAMRIS is an International Development Consulting Firm working within the public and private sectors to advance the human and institutional capacities of organizations and communities worldwide.
WHAT WE DO
We apply a combination of proven interdisciplinary, scientific and management approaches to identify, develop and implement the most effective solutions in support of our clients' program goals.
We do this most often in the areas of international development and global health, and selectively in additional areas where our cross-cutting capabilities are well suited to meet the needs of our clients.
We operate in all regions of the world, often in very challenging or austere conditions. At all times our focus is on evidence-based effectiveness, quality, reliability, and sustainability.
We successfully completed initiatives in nearly 80 countries to date.
* Short-Term and Long-Term Technical Assistance
* Program Management Services
* Institutional Support
* Research and Analytic Support
CORE PRACTICE AREAS
* Monitoring and Evaluation
* Capacity Building
* Project Design
* Knowledge Management
* Adaptive Technologies
* Democracy and Governance
* Infectious Diseases
CAMRIS has grown rapidly over the last 5 years to a peak of 200 staff, complemented by highly experienced consultants and collaborating partners and universities.
CAMRIS is headquartered in Bethesda, MD in the Washington DC metropolitan area, with remote offices, operations and worksites in various locations in the U.S. and overseas.