EnCompass LLC seeks Chief of Party (COP) candidates for an anticipated five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), Collaboration, Learning and Adapting (CLA) support activity in Honduras. It is anticipated that this activity will provide USAID/Honduras with project and activity evaluation, performance monitoring, knowledge management, communications, and performance management support services in alignment with the USAID ADS 201, USAID’s Evaluation Policy, and the Journey to Self-Reliance (J2SR).
In addition to providing overall leadership, management, and technical direction, the COP will have experience working in performance management, organizational development, strategic decision-making, quality control, and project learning, preferably in the USAID context and with Collaboration, Learning and Adapting (CLA) practices.
We are looking for someone who can facilitate learning and build relationships, with high political acumen and strong negotiation and management skills. S/he must be an inclusive leader, who can navigate change with flexibility and emotional resilience. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience focusing on results and impact, driven by strategic vision and an understanding of systems approaches to programming. S/he will understand how to foster a culture of continuous improvement and learning and will maintain high self-awareness and personal improvement skills.
The position will be full-time and be based in Tegucigalpa, Honduras with travel throughout the country. Honduran nationals are encouraged to apply.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The COP will lead the Activity, providing technical guidance to and supervising both international and national staff and consultants. The COP will be the primary point of contact with USAID/Honduras staff, including the Contracting Officer and Contracting Officer’s Representation (CO/COR).
Essential functions include:
- Serve as the main point of contact for the activity, providing vision, direction, leadership, and management for the contract
- Provide technical, operational, and managerial oversight to all aspects of the Activity to ensure all activities, and deliverables are executed with quality and timeliness
- Establish and maintain highly collaborative working relationships with USAID/Honduras and USAID/Washington as required, along with relevant in-country stakeholders; serve as the primary point of contact for USAID and as the principal liaison with USAID staff, institutions, and country partners to exchange information and develop professional relationships
- Manage the team, ensure technical capacity of staff; provide technical assistance and backstopping when required
- Ensure that all activities are undertaken in full compliance with EnCompass’ standard operating procedures, USAID policies and regulations, and national policies and laws
- Promote sustainability of project activities with effective networking, linkages to other programs, capacity building of project staff, and institutional strengthening in support of the journey to self-reliance
- Ensure documentation and dissemination of findings, impact, innovations, and lessons learned
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events
- Ensure optimal use of human, financial, and physical resources to successfully meet project milestones, objectives, deliverables and targets
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in a social science, economics, development studies or related field or sector relevant to USAID/Honduras activities
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of progressively increasing responsibility in managing large comprehensive contracts of similar nature, size and complexity, preferably in Honduras or Central America and in managing group dynamics and leading high‐ performing teams.
- Significant experience in leading the design and implementation of performance and impact evaluations of development interventions, indicator development, data collection and quantitative/statistical analysis, data quality assessments, and/or performance monitoring and reporting, and creating and managing performance monitoring plans and building knowledge management systems.
- Former supervisory experience is required
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written Spanish and English skills
Experience and Skills
- Strong experience with evaluation standards and practices required
- Experience working in performance management, strategic decision-making, and project learning
- Experience managing complex projects of similar size and scope and supervising staff and budget
- Experience building monitoring, evaluation, and learning capacities of USAID staff, implementing partners, and government counterparts highly preferred
- Experience managing complex relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including host country governments at different levels; experience mentoring staff and working with international and national consultants and staff
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation skills required
- Working knowledge of and experience with USG-funded program management, policies, regulations and procedures
- Strong familiarity with USAID CLA practices, M&E design and principles
- Familiarity with USAID/Honduras and the Northern Triangle context is preferred
- Ability to travel within Honduras, as necessary
About the Organization
EnCompass is a women-owned business offering innovative and customized solutions for leadership, capacity strengthening, technical assistance, and monitoring and evaluation. We have experience in more than 70 countries and a team of more than 100 staff and 1,200 experts around the globe.
We partner with government and multilateral agencies, nonprofit organizations, and corporations around the world, offering thought leadership, rich diversity, and technical expertise in global health, inclusive development, education, human rights, and food security.