Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
Chief of Party, Enterprise Competitiveness Project, Kyrgyzstan
The Kyrgyzstan Enterprise Competitiveness Project (ECP) is focused on accelerating broad-based and diversified economic growth in Kyrgyzstan through a comprehensive approach to entrepreneurship, business development, and enhancement of investment ecosystem. The ECP works with companies across economic sectors in Kyrgyzstan such as agribusiness and agriculture, apparel, tourism, technology, and manufacturing, among others. It is a forward-thinking project which is designed for flexibility in response to learning and dynamism in the environment. This 5-year project is funded by USAID and has started its successful implementation in 2018.
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a dynamic and solution-oriented Chief of Party (COP) with proven experience leading project teams and implementing integrated programs that address inclusive business solutions to sustainable economic growth through development of small and medium enterprises (SMEs), expansion of investment opportunities, and enhancement of financial services for small business owners across multiple sectors such as agriculture, textiles/apparel, tourism, technology, etc.
- Provide overall vision, leadership and guidance of the project’s implementation for project staff in Kyrgyzstan, partnering organizations, host government, other donors, and stakeholders.
- Lead a multi-component project team in strengthening SME competitiveness in targeted economic sectors throughout Kyrgyzstan.
- Lead strategic development and oversight for leveraging capital to foster business development and promote entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Oversee monitoring of project key performance indicators (KPIs), regularly evaluate project results, and guide project implementation to achieve maximum impact.
- Oversee management of subcontracts/grants with international and local organizations to ensure full project integration and that deliverable targets are met.
- Oversee the preparation and submission of annual work plans, regular progress reports, and achievement of program results to USAID.
- Oversee the project’s financial compliance and procedures, ensuring compliance with established ACDI/VOCA’s accounting principles and USAID regulations.
- Effectively liaise and plan with Government of Kyrgyzstan officials at national and local levels, as well as with USAID and other donors.
- Provide frequent oral presentations to USAID and other requested stakeholders on progress and achieved results.
- Coordinate regularly with ACDI/VOCA’s headquarters office in Washington, DC, and represent the organization at relevant events and meetings with government officials and the donor community.
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in consulting, corporate strategy and planning, impact investing, international development, development finance, small business development, or a combination of the above.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in economics, finance, marketing, business administration, agribusiness, or related area.
- Previous experience as a COP, Project Director, or similar senior management position for projects with similar magnitude and complexity in developing countries is preferred.
- Experience with USAID programs and knowledge of USAID rules and regulations desired.
- Previous experience working in Kyrgyzstan or the Europe/Caucasus/Central Asia (ECCA) region preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of the business and investment challenges and opportunities that emerging markets present, and a passion for using market-based approaches to solve complex development problems.
- A positive attitude and willingness to adaptively manage projects and partners in complex environments.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Fluency in English required; Russian language skills are preferred.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is a n equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 147 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.