Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the live Workplace Advancement for Gender Equality activity. This $16 million to $19 million task order brings together social inclusion, utility and resource management, urban service delivery, human resources, and capacity building elements. The activity will continue adapting and scaling up USAID’s efforts to increase gender equality and women’s economic empowerment opportunities within traditionally male-dominated sectors, as pioneered in USAID’s Engendering Utilities program. The task order will expand and scale that program by continuing to support the energy sector and adapting and applying the model to new sectors, particularly those that advance sustainable urban service delivery and economic growth of urban centers. The chief of party is responsible for the overall management and administration of this task order. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall technical and administrative leadership for the activity and serve as the primary liaison with USAID on strategic, managerial, and technical matters
- Supervise all work plan elements and track the work plan implementation, providing quality control of products prepared by the activity team and subcontractors
- Liaise with USAID staff, institutions, and country partners to exchange information and develop professional relationships, including providing verbal and written presentations to varied audiences as requested by the contracting officer or contracting officer’s representative
- Oversee all contractual and budgetary aspects of program management
- Ensure that monitoring and evaluation, reporting, and work planning activities accurately and professionally reflect program activities and achievements
- Represent Chemonics to USAID, local government counterparts, local partners, and other program stakeholders
- Monitor and modify programmatic assistance to achieve results as needed
- Ensure that relevant, productive, and complementary activities are implemented effectively
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner, suggesting appropriate program adjustments
- Graduate degree in economic growth, gender, energy, environment, international development, business, or related field
- Minimum of seven years of relevant experience in gender, economic growth, water, energy, business, or related areas
- Experience strengthening commercialization of utilities and/or strengthening human resources and operations in private or public sector institutions
- Experience working on gender equality and women’s empowerment and implementing crosscutting programs
- Previous work in a leadership position that involved direction over relevant gender, energy, water, economic growth, or business-strengthening activities either inside or outside the United States
- Experience working in developing countries required
- Experience in rapidly assembling and managing teams that have the appropriate skills and experience to effectively execute identified tasks and provide strategic leadership to the project
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Chief of Party Application” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until June 14, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.