Job Title: Chief of Party II- Integrated Child and Youth Development Activity (ICYD)
Reports to: Country Representative
This is position is contingent upon award and funding.
The Chief of Party II you will provide leadership and overall management of the ICYD project to serve vulnerable and at-risk children and youth in Uganda. The Chief of Party’s leadership, management and technical knowledge will ensure the delivery of high-quality programming and advance the position of CRS as a leading agency in OVC, child protection, and education. As a senior leader, the Chief of Party will proactively manage security and mitigate risks throughout project implementation.
* Master’s degree in international development, International Relations or a relevant technical area. PhD preferred.
* 7 or more years’ relevant to the scope and programming of ICYD management and technical experience.
* 5 years’ experience managing donor funds, including multi country grants. Strong knowledge and experience in budget management.
* 5 years of staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment. Experience coaching senior program staff.
Required Languages - English
Travel Must be willing and able to travel up to 25% in Uganda.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Strong strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
* Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
* Team leadership abilities with diverse/multi-disciplinary teams. Coaching skills.
* Strong communications and presentation skills; able to develop tailored and persuasive messaging for varied audiences.
* Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented.
* Recognized leader in sector as demonstrated by proven track record, peer reviewed publications, conference presentations etc.
* Demonstrated experience of successful program management, including management of complex, high-value, multi-activity contracts, with complicated logistics.
* Experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships. Knowledge of CRS partnership strategy a plus.
* Ability to represent and present at high levels.
* Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.