Chemonics seeks two chiefs of party for the anticipated USAID Indonesia Collaboration for Sustainable Fisheries and Indonesia Marine II Conservation Activities. Both are anticipated multi-year activities which aim to advance Indonesia’s self-reliance to improve sustainable and equitable management of fisheries and reduce pressure to marine biodiversity. USAID has identified the following potential areas of focus: (1) For sustainable fisheries activity:Improved evidence-based sustainable fisheries policies and their implementation for priority areas and fisheries; (2) For marine conservation activity: Improved management effectiveness of existing national and provincial marine protected areas and compliance with regulations; and (3) For both activities: Improved protections of endangered, threatened, protected marine species and their habitats. These positions will be based in Jakarta, Indonesia. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide leadership, management, and technical direction for the project and serve as the primary liaison with USAID on strategic, managerial, and technical matters, including responsibility for making key decisions and solving programmatic problems in a timely manner
- Oversee all contractual and budgetary aspects of program management
- Represent Chemonics professionally to USAID, the host country government, local partners, and other program stakeholders
- Ensure that work plan, M&E, and reporting efforts are aligned with contract requirements and objectives and maximize project impact
- Build and lead an adaptive team to monitor and modify project initiatives and ensure technically sound and politically savvy activities are implemented effectively
- Ensure the activity meets high standards for performance and integrity that comply with applicable regulations and Chemonics policies
- Establish and maintain relationships with sub-national and local government officials, local partners, civil society and community leaders, and other development partners and USAID implementers
- Advanced degree in fisheries biology, fisheries management, coastal resource management, marine biodiversity conservation, coastal livelihoods, or relevant technical area
- Minimum ten years of technical experience in some or all the following technical areas: natural resource management and governance, fisheries management, marine protected area management, biodiversity conservation, community-based natural resource management and community co-management, coastal livelihoods, and private sector partnerships and sustainable seafood supply chains
- Proven leadership in the design, management, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of donor-funded programs
- USAID Chief of Party experience is strongly preferred, or other management experience (e.g., as deputy chief of party, technical lead, project director, regional or country director)
- Extensive experience working with counterparts at various levels in a development context
- Experience in Indonesia is highly desirable. Experience in South or Southeast Asia is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills in English are required; competency in Bahasa Indonesia preferred
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Chief of Party” in the subject line to IndonesiaMarineRecruit@chemonics.com by April 30, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
About the Organization
Founded in 1975, Chemonics is an international development consulting firm. In more than 70 countries around the globe, our network of 5,000 specialists share a simple belief: that the challenges we face today are best solved through the right partnerships — sharing knowledge, expertise, and experience to deliver results. As part of our culture and values, Chemonics is proud to be named a “Best Place to Work” in the Human Rights campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index. Where Chemonics works, development works. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or visit us at www.chemonics.com.