World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 37,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Through our work, every 60 seconds … a family gets water … a hungry child is fed … a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
*Position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.
The anticipated Mozambique Advancing Girls’ Education (AGE) Program will increase the safety of girls in school through mobilizing communities to expand girls’ access to quality education and to improve learning outcomes for girls in upper primary and secondary grades. Specifically, the anticipated five-year activity will focus on increasing school safety, learning outcomes, and transition of girls in grades 7-12; improving girls’ sexual and reproductive education, and strengthening professional development for teachers.
As the Chief of Party (CoP), Mozambique, you will be responsible for the overall implementation and oversight of project activities including staff supervision and team management, adaptive planning, budgeting, monitoring and learning. You will serve as the principal institutional liaison to the donor and local government entities, as well as partnership and sub-partners relations. For management, you must have proven leadership skills managing projects of a similar size and scope in developing countries. You must have prior experience effectively managing USAID development activities.
You will have prior experience working in Mozambique or the Southern Africa region, familiarity with the country’s social landscape, and demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners.
As the CoP, you will have demonstrated experience recruiting, developing, and managing staff, as well as experience managing programmatic and financial reporting. You will understand and demonstrate commitment to the importance of gender and youth issues in Education programming and within staff and management of the activity and demonstrate experience in adaptive management and learning techniques is highly encouraged.
You will also provide strategic leadership and supervision of sub-grantees and sub-contractors while ensuring the security, feasibility, and sustainability of the program and contribution to Child wellbeing outcomes.
- A Master’s degree in development studies, international relations, education, life skills, public health, business administration, or a related field. 5 years of applicable experience can substitute for a master’s degree.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively increasing management responsibility of similar education activities and in managing complex internations, preferable USAID, funded projects in challenging environments.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with international assistance program requirements, preferably USAID rules and regulations.
- Understanding and demonstrated commitment to the importance of gender, social inclusion, and youth issues in education programming and within staff and management of the activity.
- Fluency in English. Fluency in Portuguese will be an added advantage.
- Mandatory travels to implementation sites and regional, global meetings as required.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 05 MAR 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.