Purpose of Proposal
The purpose of the Performance Management and Evaluation Services (PMES) activity is to provide a wide range of services to USAID to enable it to effectively monitor program performance and operational context; evaluate the performance of results of USAID/Iraq activities; and, learn and adapt to improved effectiveness. USAID/Iraq needs to improve the quality of the Mission’s performance management practices so that monitoring and evaluation become easier, faster, more useful, and more cost-effective.
Summary of Position
SI seeks a seasoned COP to assist USAID/Iraq to collect, manage, and utilize indicator information and other performance information in order to reveal whether desired results are being achieved and whether the implementation is on track, and to ensure compliance with USAID policies and regulations.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and oversee contract work plans and budgets based on expected contract outputs and results using an adaptive management approach.
- Provide overall responsibility for all data collection, monitoring and evaluation, report generation, learning and dissemination activities, and related tasks.
- Ensure quality control and the overall responsiveness of MEL technical assistance provided under the contract, including necessary adjustments to operations to fit the requirements of USAID and working environment in Iraq.
- Oversee the training for staff (mainly the field monitors) and building local capacity for monitoring and evaluation staff and/or subcontractors.
- Identify issues and risks related to contract management in a timely manner.
- Manage the activity’s financial resources in accordance with the budget as well as USAID’s policies and regulations.
- Minimum of10 years’ experience in overseas development experience and leading organizations, in both management and technical capacities, with a proven track record of programmatic accomplishment, professional achievement, management competence, strong written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and a thorough knowledge of and experience implementing monitoring and evaluation programs.
- An advanced university degree in a relevant subject area is required. Academic coursework or concentration in International Development, program evaluation, measurement or program analysis or equivalent 7 years M&E work-related experience is required.
- Demonstrated experience in evaluation methodology, statistical analysis, experimental design, and/or data collection and analysis, and familiarity with Third-Party Monitoring is required.
- Demonstrated ability to produce and edit reports and technical documents is required.
- Demonstrated ability to convey data and findings in a concise, accessible and visually compelling manner is required.
- A minimum of ten years of demonstrated relevant project management experience in developing Countries, highly desirable. Experience in the Middle East is highly desirable.
- Exceptional interpersonal and oral communication and presentation skills are required.
- Demonstrated experience in managing activity teams that have diverse backgrounds and skills, required.
- Demonstrated ability to assemble, quickly and effectively, and to manage a highly-skilled, interdisciplinary team, required.
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English is required. Must be able to use the language fluently and accurately and be able to read all styles and forms on all levels pertinent to professional needs. Modern Standard Arabic ability is desirable but not required.
- Experience working with a diverse group of stakeholders, including donor/development organizations, government officials, civil society leaders, community leaders, and project beneficiaries, required.
- Experience building organizational capacity in monitoring and evaluation, dissemination and learning and/or training individuals in monitoring and evaluation is required.
About the Organization
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.