Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the upcoming USAID/Zambia expanding water and sanitation project. This $17.5 - $19.6 million project will focus on expanding water and sanitation in Zambia, increasing sustainable WASH service delivery in the Muchinga, Northern, Western and Southern Provinces. The purpose of this activity is to professionalize WASH services, to promote accountability for reliable and high‐quality WASH services, and to enhance the enabling environment for service delivery. All activities are predicated on enhanced sector governance, for this reason, the USAID Expanding Water and Sanitation Project will work with the GRZ entities at the national, provincial, and local levels to ensure that the systems, policies, and processes are in place, implemented and enforced to ensure Zambians receive access to high‐quality WASH services. The project will also work with the private sector to leverage reach, innovation, and long‐term commercial interests to provide lasting services. By doing so, USAID will greatly contribute to building the capacity of Zambian WASH service providers.
The chief of party will be responsible for providing overall strategic vision, direction, leadership, and management of the project. This position will be based in Zambia. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Please note that position is subject to project award and client approval.
- Provide overall direction, leadership, and management of the project to ensure seamless program implementation
- Ensure program compliance with all USAID rules and regulations and Chemonics policies and systems
- Liaise with and maintain effective working relations with senior host government stakeholders private sector entities, and U.S. Government Agencies
- Communicate clear expectations to program staff and establish an operating climate on the program that encourages integrity, honesty, open communications, and commitment to compliance with local laws, USAID rules and regulations and Chemonics’ policies and procedures
- Provide general oversight of the program, including overall responsibility for the program management, strategic vision, fiscal integrity, quality and timing of deliverables, and coordination with partners
- Advanced degree in public policy, public administration, economics, engineering, or water and natural resource management or related field
- 8 to 10 years of senior-level management experience in the design, implementation, and management of donor-funded programs, USAID-funded programs strongly preferred
- Experience working on WASH and/or other governance, policy, or service delivery‐focused projects
- Strong understanding of Zambia’s WASH system, policies, and institutions; familiarity with NWARMA and NWASCO, and experience working with Zambian WASH utilities preferred
- Proven record of building teams and fostering collaboration to achieve program goals, meet program milestones, and produce quality program results
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please apply by April 26th by submitting your resume and cover letter at https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/a51da431b296411db580d45aef4b1062. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. If you have any issues with the form please reach out to ZambiaWASHRecruit@chemonics.com.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
About the Organization
Founded in 1975, Chemonics is an international development consulting firm. In more than 70 countries around the globe, our network of 5,000 specialists share a simple belief: that the challenges we face today are best solved through the right partnerships — sharing knowledge, expertise, and experience to deliver results. As part of our culture and values, Chemonics is proud to be named a “Best Place to Work” in the Human Rights campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index. Where Chemonics works, development works. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or visit us at www.chemonics.com.