DT Global seeks a Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID-funded Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Governance Institutions and Policy (WASH-GIP) program in Zambia. This activity will facilitate private sector-driven sustainable access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene services, and strengthen the enabling environment through accountability and citizens engagement in underserved areas of Zambia (Northern, Wester and Muchinga Provinces) for improved health and economic outcomes. This position is based in Lusaka, Zambia. We are looking for someone who can create thoughtful and impactful solutions for DT Global, our clients and our stakeholders.
- Provide overall project leadership, management, and technical direction.
- Supervise technical and administrative staff.
- Serve as the primary liaison with USAID, the host-country government, and local and regional partners.
- Ensure that all project assistance is technically sound, appropriate, and aligned with the program’s long-term vision.
- Oversees work planning, performance management, and strategic communications
- Work with HQ to ensure the project is executed according to the vision of all stakeholders.
- Advanced degree in engineering, water resources management, water governance, economics, public health, or a related field preferred
- Experience working in Zambia preferred, and a thorough understanding of the challenges and opportunities in the region
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in managing and implementing complex development programs of similar size and scope
- Prior Chief of Party experience working with international donor-funded programs, USAID strongly preferred
- Extensive knowledge of USAID regulations and compliance
- Technical proficiency in water sector governance, capacity building, and WASH program design, implementation and monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with civil society organizations to improve the enabling environment for the private sector and attract investment into rural value chains
- Experience with adaptive management approaches
- Personnel and resource management, coordination, and decision-making skills, along with an ability to troubleshoot
- Demonstrated leadership, flexibility and resourcefulness.
- Strong facilitation, communication, and collaboration skills
Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
Communication: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
Adaptability: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
Customer/Client Focused: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
Diversity and Inclusion: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
Professionalism: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
About the Organization
DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition - we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world. For more information please see: www.dt-global.com