Tetra Tech International Development Services is recruiting for a Clean Energy Development Director (CEDD), to be resident in Central and South Asia for a USAID-funded project.
The CEDD will play a critical role in facilitating an acceleration of private sector investment in clean energy generation projects.
* Lead a team of experienced technical resources to develop a work program and prepare technical deliverables
* Conduct assessment of and strengthen capacity of financial institutions and investors to access clean energy financing and concessional lending instruments and products.
* Conduct financial and economic project evaluation, including preparing cost-benefit analyses and financial models, and evaluate technical and financial capacities of project sponsors, facilitators and financing institutions to expedite investments.
* Build the capacity of government institutions responsible for promoting private investment, developing enabling environment, and implementing business-friendly policies and processes.
* Identify, recommend and implement traditional and innovative financing mechanisms, public-private partnerships, and risk mitigation instruments
* Advise project developers, utilities, government ministries, banks, investors, local communities, and other stakeholders to expedite the financial closure of projects.
* Assist stakeholders in identifying and developing clean and renewable energy markets, innovative applications (including implementation of distributed generation and net metering), and commercially viable models for business-to-business, private-public partnership, and third-party access contracts.
* Ensure quality standards of all outputs, documentation and training conducted.
* Interact effectively with the client and high-level government counterparts.
* Degree in Finance, Business, Energy Policy or Energy Finance
* Ten years of experience in clean energy finance projects, including projects on a national level, specifically with several years’ experience in large-scale generation projects of 20 MW or more.
* Considerable experience managing complex energy generation-related activities, including participation in competitive procurements, for generation capacity.
* Experience in planning, designing and managing clean renewable energy generation projects and/or providing related transaction advisory services
* Strong management skills and experience to managing a multi-cultural team, both in-country and internationally
* Demonstrable relevant international experience in Central and South Asia preferred
* Fluency in English and able to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.