The Partnership for Supply Chain Management (PFSCM) brings together multiple private sector and non-governmental organizations that are among the most trusted names in supply chain management and international public health and development in the world. PFSCM has been recognized internationally for its work to save lives through stronger public health supply chains; the partnership won two supply chain distinction awards from the European Supply Chain and Logistics Summit in 2010 and was a finalist in the 2012 Supply Chain Innovation Award Competition sponsored by the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) and SupplyChainBrain.
The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria is a major financing institution in the fight against these diseases in 140 countries. The Global Fund selected PFSCM to be its primary Procurement Agent for Global Fund principal recipients, under its Pooled Procurement Mechanism aimed at ensuring a cost-effective and efficient procurement process that meets all the Global Fund standards for a Procurement Agent. This service provides support to countries to resolve procurement bottlenecks and supply chain management challenges and to facilitate timely access to pharmaceuticals and other health products.
In addition, PFSCM implements other supply chain management projects with other client/donors and several developing country governments.
The Client Services & Procurement Specialist is expected to serve as the procurement and order fulfillment expert and utilize vendor technical expertise for various pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical products. The Specialist is responsible for managing the smooth procurement or ordering process of quality-assured, health-related commodities. The Specialist is expected to ensure compliance with PFSCM, funder and/or client requirements and is expected to define corrective actions in cases of irregularities.
The Client Services & Procurement Specialist is responsible to manage the smooth implementation of daily ordering and procurement operations. The Specialist, working with the Sourcing Unit, is the funders/clients and vendor’s point of contact for order and related communications and is expected to provide customer service excellence to all stakeholders. The Specialist is expected to provide regular status updates on orders and address questions, concerns and/or change requests that the client or principal recipient may have in coordination with the Client Services and Sourcing Units, project director, and other stakeholders as needed.
The Client Services & Procurement Specialist is also responsible for maintaining data accuracy from the request to the of purchase order confirmation from the vendor; and for working with the Logistics Unit to ensure the supply chain is established and executed to PFSCM and the funder/client’s key performance indicators (KPIs). PFSCM procurement activities are carried out as per standard operating procedures (SOPs), either in-house SOPs and/or those determined by the funder or client.SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
Procurement and Order Administration:
- Ensure that all timely ordered commodities meet the funder/client’s procurement and quality policy on product, availability, and other product’s quality consideration.
- Manage the procurement and order fulfillment processes, as appropriate per project or category, including screening, developing price estimates and purchase orders.
- Coordinate and monitor order management with vendors, including responsiveness to quotations, and contribute to the continuous review of vendor’s operational order management performance.
- Proactively identify issues with day-to-day ordering processes and resolve and/or communicate the issues to management in a timely manner, as needed.
- Lead the troubleshooting of procurement and/or order-related challenges define and implement corrective action in case of irregularities working closely with the Client Services Manager.
- Coordinate team functions and performance as required.
- Client Relationship Management:
- Provide proactive customer service while acting as primary point of contact for procurement and order fulfillment, including request for quotations, with the client, principal recipients, vendors and other stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with the funder/client, internal and external units, vendors, and partner organisations on procurement and order fulfillment issues.
- Proactively identify procurement and/or order fulfillment activities potentially impacting PFSCM’s and/or the project’s ability to perform its duties and advise the necessary stakeholders.
- Handle procurement and/or order fulfillment related incidents; log incidents into PFSCM Incident Management System, provide inputs for incident investigation and contribute to the resolution within incident set timelines.
About the Organization
John Snow, Inc., and our nonprofit JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc., are public health management consulting and research organizations dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities in the US and around the Globe.
JSI's mission is to improve the health of underserved people and communities and to provide a place where people of passion and commitment can pursue this cause.
For over 35 years, JSI and our affiliates have provided high-quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide. JSI has implemented projects in 106 countries, and currently operates from eight U.S. and more than 40 international offices, with more than 500 U.S.-based professionals and 1,600 host country staff.