The Partnership for Supply Chain Management (PFSCM) brings together multiple private sector and non-governmental organizations that are among the most trusted names in supply chain management and international public health and development in the world. PFSCM has been recognized internationally for its work to save lives through stronger public health supply chains; the partnership won two supply chain distinction awards from the European Supply Chain and Logistics Summit in 2010 and was a finalist in the 2012 Supply Chain Innovation Award Competition sponsored by the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) and SupplyChainBrain.
The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria is a major financing institution in the fight against these diseases in 140 countries. The Global Fund selected PFSCM to be its primary Procurement Agent for Global Fund principal recipients, under its Pooled Procurement Mechanism aimed at ensuring a cost-effective and efficient procurement process that meets all the Global Fund standards for a Procurement Agent. This service provides support to countries to resolve procurement bottlenecks and supply chain management challenges and to facilitate timely access to pharmaceuticals and other health products.
In addition, PFSCM implements other supply chain management projects with other client/donors and several developing country governments.
The Client Services Manager will provide effective and efficient operational procurement, order fulfillment, and customer service solutions specific to procurement and order fulfillment requirements of our clients and their principal recipients as well as PFSCM strategies. This role is responsible to contribute to the PFSCM’s international commodity fulfillment strategy and for client relations and onboarding of vendors in line with shifting demand patterns, complex global supply chain requirements, and supply chain risks requiring emergency, ad hoc or long-term solutions, in coordination with the other Strategic Supply Chain and PPM Project colleagues.
The Client Services Manager fosters collaboration and develops and maintains effective relationships within the organization and with external parties in order to manage key performance indicators (KPIs), clarify specifications, develop requisitions, and order commodities. The Manager is expected to act as a key counterpart to the Global Fund’s PR Services Unit and Principal Recipients, to understand and respond to their priorities and concerns, and to be able to provide a bird’s eye view of the status and progress of all PPM requisition and purchase order transactions. The Manager will support category leadership of commodities and master data requirements, as they apply.
The Client Services Manager is expected to identify continuous improvement opportunities and to ensure client demands and contractual obligations are met for the procurement and/or fulfillment of all commodities. This position is a key contributor to the design and implementation of the PPM Project strategy. The Manager is expected to lead in technical expertise in operational procurement and order fulfillment systems with proficient managerial capabilities.
The Client Services Manager directs and manages the Client Services Unit within the PPM Project team and is responsible for Unit performance on key performance indicators and staff management, development, support, and coaching of the Category Leads.SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead PFSCM’s Client Service activities with the Global Fund to ensure that client priorities are understood and incorporated into the Client Services Unit priorities, that there is proactive communication with the PRs and PR Services around their priorities and any challenges to meeting their requests, and appropriate follow up to eradicate blockages.
- Lead PFSCM’s order fulfillment strategy in order to meet and exceed the clients’ policies and requirements; and to adequately address known and new supply chain challenges as well as to effectively and rapidly respond to emergency situations while contributing to seamless customer service.
- Maintain and provide key category knowledge and maintain a client perspective of needs and issues. Represent the Global Fund’s interests within PFSCM and PFSCM’s needs back to the Global Fund.
- Working with the PPM Project Director, contribute to the development and manage a work plan for the effective fulfillment of commodity needs for an effective, agile, and responsive risk mitigation strategy to ensure uninterrupted supply chain operations and business continuity, including leading overall vendor performance management.
- Manages requisition and purchase order turnaround times (REQ TA and PO TA) and lead analysis and review of process indicators to proactively spot outliers; and advise and oversee recommendations for resolution, working with the performance management unit as appropriate.
- Monitor the prompt client services contribution to incident management regarding complaints and incidents in collaboration with the Client Account Management, Strategic Supply Chain, PPM Project, 4PL, Finance and Accounting, and Quality Units.
- Collaborate with the Strategic Supply Chain Unit on procurement and sourcing strategies to meet PPM needs and vendor on-boarding and engagement activities.
- Manage client and vendor relationships and cultivate a robust, proactive, and structured customer service approach that ensures all client complaints are adequately addressed and resolved in a timely and efficient manner, in consultation with the appropriate stakeholders.
- Oversee data accuracy and ensure that Unit data are up to date.
- Actively work to identify and convert client supply chain challenges into PFSCM opportunities by systematizing appropriate solutions.
- Contribute to the PFSCM requisition fulfillment policies, strategies, and procedures to ensure operational requirements are defined and supplier intelligence and capability understood allowing for the safe, timely, and economical delivery of global services.
- Oversee preparation of regular and ad-hoc reporting on any order fulfillment-related status and/or performance; including fulfilling client requirements of data sharing.
- Develop, maintain, and manage to standard operating procedures and work instructions, including continuous improvement reviews and updates.
- Lead and manage the Client Services Unit in full accordance with PFSCM policies, standard operating procedures, and work instructions in collaboration with the senior team members.
- Manage staff and unit performance at a global level and individual level and provide ongoing feedback.
- Develop and maintain an on-boarding training program and regular refresher training for internal teams, new hires, and external stakeholders for alignment on processes and SOPs.
- Perform additional duties as necessary to increase team capacity and maintain performance, working with senior staff and the PPM Project Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in procurement, fulfillment, supply chain operations, public health, business administration, or other related area or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 10+ years in procurement, public health, project management, and/or supply chain management; and 5+ years of prior management experience.
- Proven track record in managing the procurement and order fulfillment of pharmaceutical and/or medical device products and collaboration with national and international stakeholders including government and the donor community.
- Strong leadership and proven ability to recruit, direct, train, and manage a team of personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to drive performance using data.
- Direct experience working in low- or middle-income countries is a plus.
- Strong negotiation skills and contracting and service-level agreement management experience with commodity and logistics suppliers.
- Experience successfully managing external relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders in multi-cultural environments and in diverse locations internationally, including governments and the donor community.
- Strong action management including the ability to manage projects in the most cost efficient manner; resourcefulness, initiative, maturity of judgment, and the ability to make sound decisions under pressing conditions.
- Strong organization skills with an eye for details, ability to plan, prioritize, and implement day-to-day operations in a timely manner in a fast moving, dynamic, and time-bound environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with client relations and customer service experience and an ability to work across disciplines and in diverse locations internationally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. English fluency required, including speaking, writing, understanding, and reading. French/Spanish language skills is a plus.
- Advanced computing skills in standard software systems, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Willingness and availability to travel, and perform other duties as needed.
- Must be eligible to work in the Netherlands.
Salary commensurate with experience.
SI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
If you are an individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and unable to apply online for an available position, you may submit your request for reasonable accommodation by calling Human Resources at 617-482-9485.
Please read this notice entitled Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law, and this “EEO is the Law” Poster Supplement.
About the Organization
John Snow, Inc., and our nonprofit JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc., are public health management consulting and research organizations dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities in the US and around the Globe.
JSI's mission is to improve the health of underserved people and communities and to provide a place where people of passion and commitment can pursue this cause.
For over 35 years, JSI and our affiliates have provided high-quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide. JSI has implemented projects in 106 countries, and currently operates from eight U.S. and more than 40 international offices, with more than 500 U.S.-based professionals and 1,600 host country staff.