Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc., based in Arlington, VA, is seeking a Climate Change Manager for the implementation of international development projects, particularly related to energy, climate change and their nexus with sustainable development.
The Climate Change Manager will work as part of Tetra Tech’s team of energy experts providing technical support and assisting governments, energy regulators, companies, and organizations to lift up economies, strengthen energy security, and mitigate climate change around the world. The Climate Change Manager will contribute to Tetra Tech flagship projects and programs that: (i) enhance energy security and support energy policy development; (ii) enhance energy planning, markets and trade ; (iii) evaluate and integrate renewable and alternative energy sources; (iv) improve energy efficiency and environmental performance; (v) provide access to clean, reliable and affordable energy services to unserved or underserved areas; and (vi) advance gender equality and women’s economic empowerment.
This position will report out of our office in Arlington, VA, however, there may be flexibility for the candidate to work remotely. Frequent international travel (up to 30%) is required for this role.
- Champion the inclusion of climate change concerns across Tetra Tech’s portfolio of projects by developing close and effective working relationships with clients and within the company.
- Apply best practices and the use of rigorous methods to promote governance and investments in climate change mitigation, adaptation and resilience.
- Leverage climate finance to maximize the uptake of climate-friendly opportunities.
- Work with clients and partner country governments to meet mitigation targets.
- Support the design of GHG mitigation strategies, including carbon markets, carbon accounting and energy policy related to carbon emissions.
- Lead outreach and knowledge sharing on global emerging practices related to climate change, GHG mitigation, and adaptation.
- Design and direct climate change capacity-building efforts through training and workshops.
- Document and report on project activities, prepare strategy papers and technical reviews to assist in sharing project successes and lessons learned.
- Interact directly with clients; work independently on complex assignment projects; and lead projects and teams.
- Identify new clients and business opportunities, prepare proposals, take a lead role in project implementation, and manage client relationships.
- Represent Tetra Tech as a thought leader at conferences, webinars and on social media platforms.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential KSA’s required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.)
- A master’s degree in engineering, economics, environmental sciences, environmental economics, and other climate change-related fields.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in climate change mitigation, adaptation, and resilience.
- Experience in institutional and policy aspects of climate change policy and management.
- Experience in leveraging climate finance to maximize the uptake of climate-friendly opportunities.
- Experience applying rigorous and science-based methods to promote climate-related governance and investments.
- Knowledge of energy and climate trends and opportunities in developing countries.
- Experience in leading or managing projects.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems, including the ability to identify opportunities to improve systems and processes.
- Experience working with a diverse set of clients (e.g., public, private, international organizations).
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to interact effectively with people of diverse cultures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English at level 5 fluency.
- Proficient with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Willingness to travel internationally to project locations and conferences.
Valued but not required KSA’s:
- Experience supporting developing countries to prepare and/or implement climate change-related strategies, policies and plans
- Experience on USAID, MCC, and other multi-lateral donor projects
- Experience designing or leveraging next generation and emerging carbon markets
- Experience developing annual work plans, annual reports, budgets, and reporting on indicators.
- Experience managing employees
- Experience working with sub-contractors and leading teams.
- Oral and written communication skills in French or Spanish
Apply for Position
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.