Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) Lead, USAID Senegal Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Support Project, Senegal
SI is preparing for an upcoming USAID/Senegal monitoring and evaluation support project, expected to provide comprehensive MEL, capacity building, and program support technical assistance to USAID/Senegal, implementing partners, and local organizations. The project is expected to last five years.
SI is seeking a full-time Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptation (CLA) Lead who will lead learning, knowledge management, and adaptive programming activities under the anticipated project. The position will be full-time over the duration of the project, and will be based in Dakar.
- Facilitate strong CLA management practices in USAID/Senegal and the Government of Senegal’s (GOS) business processes and throughout the program cycle.
- Foster strong, collaborative relationships with key Mission stakeholders, serve as a convener for dialogue and learning around emerging issues, assist in identifying and responding to key learning issues, and coordinate efforts amongst implementing partners (IPs) working in common Development Objectives (DOs).
- Develop and implement a learning plan for the GoS, the Mission Community of Practice and IPs that outlines key learning questions, stakeholders and their roles, and broad stakeholder engagement at multiple levels.
- Support strategic communications, including producing publications and organizing public events with partners and other stakeholders.
- Conduct business process re-engineering, including assisting in negotiating change management around monitoring, evaluation, and learning related issues.
- Lead facilitation, including facilitating processes and workshops; facilitating learning, collaboration, and coordination among implementing partners and other collaborators with the greatest impact on results; producing reflections on the implications of new learning; developing product plans for adapting programs accordingly; establishing a network of key stakeholders and organize periodic, appropriate opportunities for USAID and GOG to interact with them based on strategy implementation and evidence-based experience.
- Support the Government of Senegal and USAID/Senegal’s CLA Community of Practice in identifying needs and providing evidence-based MEL solutions.
- Ensure that monitoring and evaluation information is shared and fully utilized through knowledge sharing and strategic learning processes to speed innovation and improve upon and bring new innovations to the Mission’s programmatic work in-country.
- Master’s degree in field related to organizational learning or development assistance such as public, business, or development administration; knowledge management; political science; economics or development studies.
- Minimum of eight years of demonstrated experience in strategic planning; monitoring and evaluation; project design; facilitation of learning; and knowledge management, including experience in applying learning to improve international development programs and systems change for adaptive management of development organizations or agencies.
- Previous experience supporting USAID Missions in a similar capacity.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID Evaluation Policy, CLA Framework, J2SR and other initiatives.
- Oral and written fluency English and French.
- Experience working in Senegal or West Africa is preferred.
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.