JOB TITLE: Commercial Editor SALARY GRADE:E1A
BUSINESS UNIT: Region
JOB LOCATION: London, United Kingdom JOB CODE:
REPORTS TO: Commercial Director BILLABLE/NON-BILLABLE: Non-billable
The Commercial Editor is responsible for coordinating and implementing the production and submission of commercial proposals that meet Chemonics’ standards and are responsive to inivitation to tender (ITTs) issued by DFID or FCO (or other clients). Works closely with proposal teams, particularly the coordinator, commerical preparer, subcontractor liaison, and technical editor, to advise on scheduling and production issues. Formats documents, assembles entire cost proposal contents, performs quality control checks, and ensures on-time submission of commercial proposals to clients.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Responsible for coordinating the completion of the cost volume section of Chemonics’ new business proposals to ensure accuracy and responsiveness to the ITT.
• Reads ITT in its entirety and drafts commercial volume table of contents in Microsoft Word that is responsive to the specific parameters and formatting requirements that are outlined in the ITT.
• Liaises with individual proposal team members such as the commercial preparer, subcontractor liaison, coordinator, and czar to request relevant items that are needed to ensure a comprehensive commercial volume is created.
• Collaborates with proposal coordinator and technical editor on production calendar for meeting the ITT’s deadline while allowing adequate time for quality reviews during the proposal process.
• Formats and proofreads commercial spreadsheets in accordance with Chemonics style, including headers, footers, and page numbering.
• In collaboration with the technical editor, formats commercial notes in Word, and ensures their accuracy according to the contents of the commercial volume.
• Participates in weekly proposal team meetings, providing any needed clarifications and updates.
• Ensures final edited, formatted, and reviewed commercial volume is compliant with the ITT and consistent with Chemonics style guidelines.
• Creates and assembles .pdf of the commercial volume and/or oversees printing of the commercial volume if required.
• Provides training to on commercial volume issues.
• Trains, mentors, and coaches fellow commercial editors.
• Electronically archives completed proposals following Chemonics’ process.
• Supports proposal teams prepare responsive commercial tenders that meet corporate standards.
• Serves as commercial tender preparer and mentors and trains staff in commercial tender preparation, as requested.
• Conducts research for proposal teams or the commercial department to assist in the development of cost strategies.
• Supports quality management in commercial service delivery by coordinating reviews of the commercial team’s applicable material on the GlobalQMS and DailyChem to ensure they remain useful and compliant with Chemonics’ policies and procedures and client’s regulations and expectations.
• Participates on proposal teams in specific line roles including, but not limited to, past performance reviews (PPRs), corporate capabilities, resume formatting, recruitment support, coordinator, section writer
• Performs other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
• Degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
• Relevant professional experience; experience with DFID or Foreign & Commonwealth Office preferred
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both verbal and written communications; cross-culture communication and sensitivity skills.
• Demonstrated ability to handle routine administrative tasks and operational issues.
• Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail, organization, and time management.
• Demonstrated ability to follow standard practices and procedures, receive general instruction and supervision, and contribute to projects and initiatives.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem solving and initiative to learn new skills.
• Strong customer service, interpersonal, and quality-control skills.
• Demonstrated interest in international development, proposal production, or communications.
• Strong knowledge of MS Office applications, in particular Excel and Adobe Acrobat.
• Language proficiency for assigned geographic area preferred.
• Experience working in international development and/or working in developing countries preferred.
• Fluency in a foreign language preferred.
• Willingness to travel and work abroad a minimum of 4-8 weeks per year
• UK work authorization required or ability to obtain it
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.
Chemonics International is a leading international development consulting firm based in Washington, D.C. with more than 40 years of experience implementing programs around the world.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data.